Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Reference: ICT/OPS/11/2023
AGRA and its Work
AGRA is an African-led institution that actively supports the drive towards inclusive agricultural transformation and sustainable food systems. We do this by empowering the continent’s 33 million smallholder farming households to transform their agriculture from a struggle to survive to profitable businesses. The continent’s farmers regularly face challenges, and we aspire to provide uniquely African solutions that respond to their agricultural and environmental challenges, leading to increased harvests for reduced hunger and more income.
Working in alignment with the development priorities of our focus countries, we enable farmers to access improved and high-yielding seeds, gain knowledge on sustainable farming, and linkages to profitable markets.
In our work, we aspire to build the alliances, partnerships, and networks required to drive an inclusive agricultural transformation. We work with our partners to create an equitable youth-friendly environment that harnesses the youth dividend on the continent to drive growth and facilitate open employment opportunities for young women and men. We achieve our key objectives through a focus on the following four areas of intervention:
- Policy and state capability – We support governments in creating an enabling environment for private sector involvement in agricultural transformation.
- Seed systems – We trigger higher productivity by increasing the availability and access to improved seeds by farmers allowing them to increase their harvests for food security and better incomes.
- Sustainable farming – We support farmers in building resilient farming systems for sustained high yields through interventions such as mechanization and irrigation.
- Inclusive markets and trade – We work to increase the linkages between farmers, and other market actors for a positive, sustained cycle of commercialization and reinvestment.
Implementing Our New Strategy Through People
People are the heart of our organization and remain the true drivers of our delivery and our impact.
We work with incredible people and partners who have roots in farming communities across the continent combined with an inclusive and diverse workforce from over 24 nationalities. Our commitment to a call to action goes beyond ourselves as we arise to catalyze African Food Systems transformation by being Deeply collaborative, Executing Excellently, Sincerely Constructive and Increasingly Entrepreneurial aligned with our values of (I-RISE; Integrity, Respect, Innovation, Stewardship and Equity).
We are looking for people who are passionate about Africa to join our innovative, growing, and multidisciplinary team. Together, we can grow Africa’s food systems improving the livelihoods of smallholder farmers. Want to join us?
Senior ICT Officer – Business Analytics (Oracle Functional Expert), Job Reference: ICT/OPS/11/2023
The Senior ICT Officer – Business Analytics (Oracle Functional Expert) performs systems configurations, development, and maintenance work in all phases of applications life cycle for the Oracle Cloud ERP system from business process analysis, process design through testing, implementation, and support primarily in Fusion Procurement, Finance, Human Capital Management (HCM) and associated Integrations.
The Functional Expert performs functional requirement analysis, develops technical specifications, functional configurations, performs application and unit testing on procurement, finance and HCM modules. This includes custom solutions identified along with associated forms, reports, and data views. In addition, this role enables user acceptance testing, develops technical and user documentation, and provides technical support in coordination with internal and external partners.
The role holder is the internal Oracle Fusion Finance, Procurement and Human Capital Management expert providing support in formulating and implementing AGRA’s ERP Strategy and ensures business processes enhancements and innovations implementations in AGRA.
The role will work closely with partners across the organization, and travel is expected to be approximately 10% per year.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform functional requirements analysis and functional configurations, in accordance with business requirements on Oracle Cloud Fusion systems.
- Translate the requirements obtained from business requirements gathering sessions to create relevant and effective systems and software solutions that meet the requirements of the organization.
- Development and maintenance of webservices, REST & SOAP APIs in Oracle Cloud ERP systems and related interfaces primarily in the areas of relationships management, vendor/grantee payments, budgets, finance, human resources, payroll, and travel modules.
- Produce technical specifications and documentation that includes impact analysis, test cases, object dependencies, performance testing and risk analysis.
- Creates solutions for business and technical problems identified, in accordance with industry standards and AGRA’s policies, practices, and regulations.
- Perform system maintenance and production support to Oracle Cloud Fusion Finance, Procurement, Human Capital Management and Budgeting systems alongside related Integrations, etc.
- Creates prototypes and proof of concepts as identified to enable decision making.
- In coordination and collaboration with support and application development teams, align, and contribute to design, development, and documentation standards.
- Identify errors or flaws in business/system methods and suggests action plans for improvement.
- Identify design configuration specifications and business technological requirements improvement areas and document works to address gaps.
- Collaborate with users and customers to determine organizational priorities and share guidelines to drive the business.
- Engage with users/customers to resolve issues and obtain feedback to determine completeness of solutions in accordance with best practices, policies, and guidelines for systems functionality.
- Lead in systems management and acts as focal reference point for systems issues resolutions and functional enhancements in Oracle Cloud and related/integrated systems.
- Research on and suggest new and innovative ways to improve and deliver value to business clientele.
- Organize and maintain accurate records and documentation for compliance and/or reference purposes.
- Plan and run systems tests to monitor performance, ensure optimum quality and integrity of AGRA systems.
- Organize formal sessions and seminars and prepare training documentation for users.
- Acquire and maintain relevant skills required to enable effective support to team members on Oracle Cloud Fusion solutions.
- Provide support for application development in business areas outside of areas highlighted above as required based on priorities.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor.
Key Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or information technology.
- At least 5 years’ active, continuous professional level experience implementing and maintaining Oracle Cloud Fusion enterprise-wide applications, databases, and servers.
- Professional qualifications and certifications with solid experience in Oracle Cloud Fusion ERP implementations and support.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle Cloud Fusion configurations and development methods and disciplines.
- Full end to end understanding of Oracle Cloud Fusion functionality, implementations, development, quality, and production environments covering Oracle Cloud Fusion Finance, SCM, HCM, OIC, PaaS, SaaS and Reporting.
- Understanding of relational databases, data storage, and SQL concepts. Understanding of data structures and data objects
- Development experience in Oracle Cloud Fusion modules.
- Experience in Oracle JET, Oracle APEX.
- Expertise in BI / OTBI reports development.
- Experience of working in a large and complex organization.
- Functional expertise in at least one area among Finance, Procurement or Human Capital Management.
- Oracle University Certifications or equivalent is a must.
- Working experience and knowledge in SOAP & REST API development is a plus.
- Good understanding of and functional experience in integrations between Oracle and non-Oracle applications/modules will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English.
To apply please follow this link:
Applications must be received on or before 2nd February 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information on the AGRA, visit www.agra.org.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer