Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
Under its 5-year strategy, AGRA looks to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support this transformation, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the position of Visual Communications & Multimedia Specialist.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The role is responsible for creating and deploying print, digital and multimedia graphic products that tell the story our work. Specifically, the Visual Communication and Multimedia Specialist will lead in graphic design, publication and multimedia designs, web design and publishing, animation, and videography, and graphic artistry. He/She will provide overall visual communication expertise in support of AGRA’s communications strategy and manage creative assets and pieces of the overall graphic identity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating key messages using visual and multimedia designs and storytelling techniques to support communication of AGRA priorities.
- Creating, integrating, and presenting electronic information beyond the conventional text and graphics formats while applying best practice including full motion video, animation, and high-quality images.
- Developing products, including infographics, presentations, digital multimedia, templates, videos and animations, and branding elements.
- Convert complex information and multi-dimensional data to produce visual displays.
- Layout/design flagship and supplemental publications, and other thematic publications and products throughout the year
- Create digital content for deployment across social and other digital media including the website, e-newsletters, and AGRA’s social media including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook pages
- Serve as design lead for video and photo projects
- Manage and enforce compliance with the AGRA branding and marking guidelines and ensure their adoption and use by partners.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to translate substantive information and knowledge into easy-to-understand final products.
- Expertise in producing effective and creative videos and graphic design in print and electronic media for purposes of organizational communications, public relations or marketing.
- Experience with formatting data into visually appealing multimedia deliverables.
- Mastery of software and tools for video production, animation and graphic design such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Demonstrated relevant expertise with structured authoring software including HTML
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate audio, video, graphics and textual data to create presentations.
- Understanding of devices including DSLR camera, video camera, and lighting and audio equipment.
portfolio showcasing broad design expertise and experience. Must provide
samples of work including work in:
- Print design
- Video production process (pre-production, production, post-production)
- Photography and photo editing
- Visual displays
- Experience working with an international organization preferably in the agriculture sector
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in visual arts/graphic design, communications, public relations, marketing, advertising, journalism, multimedia design or a similar field.
- 5+ years’ experience with video production, photography, graphic design, and visual communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- High attention to detail, consistent reliable follow through and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet established deadlines.
- Working familiarity with print and production processes.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively with people inside and outside the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- French language would be an added advantage.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with this position’s responsibility will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to email@example.com. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 4th March, 2020.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer