Reports to: Head of ICT
This role is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
The role holder participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure domain.
The individual ensures that systems hardware, operating systems, software systems, data communications, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and partners achieve their objectives efficiently and effectively.
Acts on behalf of the Unit Head in his/her absence to achieve unit and organizational objectives; and performs other work as required.
Leading and Managing
- Working with the Head of ICT in developing and implementing IT policies and best practice guides for the organization
- Designing training programs and workshops for staff
- Conducting regular system audits
- Running and sharing regular IT reports with Head of ICT
- Overseeing major IT projects including system installations, updates, upgrades, and migrations
- Providing direction and managing performance and engagement of direct reports
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
ICT Operational Service Delivery
- Ensure that the NetApp SAN environment and all systems that interface with it are operational 24/7, including but not limited to snapshots, snap-vaults and snap-mirrors.
- Ensure that the VMWare environment and all operational systems are available to all users 24/7.
- Ensure that all windows servers are patched, have up-to-date antivirus, and that any changes to systems are made in line with the approved change management policy & procedures.
- Ensure that the network environment and associating systems/infrastructure, made up of Cisco routers, firewalls, switches, and call manager among others, are available optimally.
- Responsibility for all systems backups in line with approved data protection procedures and that changes to the backup schedule and content are completed in line with best practice standard
- Work with external service providers to ensure that the network is performing effectively and any changes made are in accordance with best practice standard
- Responsible for ensuring that new installations and upgrades to servers, network and IP PBX hardware are performed correctly and efficiently and in accordance with best practice standard
- Provide cover for the ICT officer for the setup and installation of desktop PC’s, laptops, Printers, and other hardware in accordance with the organizational desktop policy.
- Ensure the security of the ICT server environment is maintained and meets all health & Safety requirement
- Provide a 2nd line diagnosis and support service to all AGRA users and external stakeholders as required.
- Ensure the service desk/issues logging system is kept up to date and request/faults are dealt with and completed promptly and effectively
- Work with the Head of ICT to manage 3rd party vendor relationships and work activity to ensure they meet all AGRA’s high standard
- To communicate any new software releases or hardware changes to staff, and to provide support and guidance in implementing the appropriate change
- Work with ICT Systems Specialists to ensure the implementation of new releases of 3rd party and/or in-house software is tested and implementation is in line with AGRA’s change management standard
- Work with ICT Systems Specialists to ensure that all new software releases are adequately documented.
Project Management & Support
- To work with the Head of ICT to plan, deliver and report upon the regular ICT performance improvement programs and any ad-hoc changes that may need to be implemented.
- Ensure all project work is completed in line with best practice project methodologies.
Disaster Recovery (DR) / Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Day to day responsibility for the maintenance of the DR plan making sure that any system changes are reflected in the plan.
- Work with Head of ICT to ensure that the DR plan is tested twice a year, and requisite reports produced on the results, and provided to all client
- Work with the ICT team and business units to undertake regular restores of data backups to test the validity of the process in accordance with policy.
- In conjunction with the ICT team and function managers across the organization, ensure that the BC plan is reviewed on a regular basis and kept up to date.
- Ensure that all staff are kept up to date with changes to the BC plan.
- Keep up to date with new working practices and technologies which will help deliver the DR plan more easily and more effectively
- Attend user group meetings and participate in working
Quality Management & Development
- Work closely with the other ICT team members to:-
- Implement ICT systems in accordance with ISO 27001 information security standards.
- Implement the ITIL service delivery framework.
- Any other frameworks that may be applicable to AGRA’s ICT environment.
- To adopt a “right first time” approach to minimize errors and to produce high quality work leading the way in initiatives for on-going service improvement.
Research & Development
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and evaluate the value of such technologies for continuous improvement and cost management.
- Assist the Head of ICT in implementing technologies which will reduce our carbon footprint and achieve “greener ICT”.
- Work with external and internal audit to ensure that all recommendations are completed within agreed ti
- Attend any training courses and seminars to further develop competencie
- Comply with needs of Health & Safety
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the post, and as may be assigned by the Head of ICT.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical knowledge and apply knowledge to the AGRA environment.
- Excellent problem solving ability with a proven track record of examining complex systems and identifying solutions/improvement
- The ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- A commitment to quality and the desire to excel.
- Able to work to a project brief, delivering expected results in line with agreed time and quality expectations with minimal supervision
- Able to manage technical ICT projects in line with PRINCE2 methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Promotes positive behavior through own actions and attitude
- Good customer service, self-motivation.
- Ability to meet deadlines, pay attention to detail and maintain accuracy
- The ability to assist in the demonstration and training of staff in the use of new systems
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively by demonstrating initiative
- Knowledge of the breadth of the diversity agenda including an appreciation of the commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity
At least 5 – 7 years of increasingly responsible experience in the management and administration of a major information technology program, system or function, at least two years of which must have been in a supervisory position.
Experience of supporting an MS Windows 2008 Server (or later) Active Directory environment, including: –
- Support of MS Active Directory domains
- MS Exchange administration (on-Premise and Exchange online).
- Comvault Sympana backup system, tape management system (or similar)
- Supporting servers running MS SQL Server
- Strong VMWare knowledge and experience is desirable.
- Support and administration of NetApp Storage Attached Networked (SAN) solutions is mandatory.
- Local Area Networks (LANS) and Wide Area Networks (WAN), and Cisco switching technologie
- Managing Cisco / Fortinet / Sophos Firewalls is desirable.
- Supporting a Citrix or other remote working environment.
- Supporting PC’s and printers/Multi-functional devices in a Windows x desktop environment.
- Support the maintenance of web/intranet content management systems.
Experience of supporting Cisco Call Manager telephony systems is desirable.
An understanding of the ISO 27001 and COBIT 5 frameworks
PRINCE2 qualified or working towards the PRINCE2 qualification desirable
Knowledge of ITIL desirable
Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office including MS Visio and MS Project
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (minimum 2nd Class Honors)
Hold below certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), mandatory.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – voice, routing and switching preferable, mandatory.
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator,
- VMWare certified, desired
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), desired
- Web technologies, desired.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts).
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org noting to quote the job title in the subject of the email. To be considered, applications must be received by 21st August, 2018.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer