RWANDA, Program Coordinator: Job Reference PC/RW/11/2018
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA is rolling out a new 5-year strategy to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support this transformation from a country perspective, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Program Coordinator, Rwanda
The position is only open to Rwanda nationals and will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
Reporting to the Country Manager, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and management of events, travel, and documents related to programs, reports, and grant-making within a county and region. He/She will assist Country Managers and Program Officers in the planning, communications, reporting, event and partner management, data capture, analysis, and refinement of project proposals and grant memos in order to support and facilitate successful country operations and impacts. Further, the PC assists with pipeline development and coordination, including procurements, contracts and grant documents which should be well-prepared in advance of submission to the Procurement and Grants Unit and the Grants Committee, as well as follow up on grantee reports. The Program Coordinator will also assist the Program Officers with regard to internal and external partner communications to ensure the running of a cohesive program, and provide regular updates on the team’s status including liaising with Communications teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate partner and stakeholder communications.
- Coordinate travel and events for country teams.
- Ensure AGRA branding, signage, as well as relevant administrative procedures
- Assist in procurement documentation and linkages amongst country teams and standard procedures.
- Respond to inquiries and screen, direct, and follow through on all program enquiries as appropriate.
- Assist the County Manager in the preparation and tracking of pipelines and budgets.
- Monitor the development of grants and assist in their formulation from the point of initial, draft submission to final approval by the Grants Committee and Grantee signatures.
- Review and assist in the correction, as needed, of project proposals for clarity of purpose and all matters related to implementation, budgeting, and results indicators.
- Follow-up with grantees to send reports due in a timely-manner and ensure reports are approved to Grants Unit as necessary.
- Review grantee achievements against targets and work with relevant Program Officer and grantee to the reports in case of any consistencies.
- Review Indicator Performance Tracking Tables (IPTTs) and use the data to prepare quarterly Dashboards and the Data explorer, and AGRA Management Information Systems (AMIS).
- Track audits and follow up with Program Officers.
- Track grantee no-cost extension and modifications and forward to Program Officer and Grants Unit.
- Assist the Country team in preparation of reports, board reports, AGRA annual and quarterly reports.
- Assist in capturing programmatic progress, successes, case studies, tweets, and other communications requirements through photographs, videos and articles.
Key Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or social sciences.
- A Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with a range of software applications including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Fluency in English language is essential.
- Good working knowledge of agriculture, markets, systems, development, or economics.
- Experience managing complex initiatives with proven ability to develop high impact partnerships.
- Experience in working with similar organizations or institutions will be an added advantage.
- Analytical, excellent data mining ability.
- Strong ability to influence positively both upwards and downwards across cultures and organizations.
- Proven coordination ability to influence teams to achieve their best within tight resources.
- Familiarity with both the government and private sector policies and structures.
- Results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and communications skills.
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to email@example.com. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 13th December, 2018.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer