Synopsis of the Request for Proposal (Individual Consultant)
|Solicitation Reference No.||RFP/01069/PARTNERSHIPS/2020|
|Title of Solicitation||Partnerships Program Coordinator|
|Issuing Office & Address||Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Website: www.agra.org|
|Point of contact for clarifications, questions and ammendments||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Email Address for submission of Proposals/ Quotes||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Solicitation Issue Date||December 19th, 2020|
|Deadline for submission questions and clarifications||January 5th, 2021 1700 hours, East African Time|
|Deadline for Answering questions and clarifications||January 7th, 2021 1700 hours, East African Time|
|Deadline for Submission of Proposals||January 12th, 2021 1700 hours, East African Time|
|Deadline Extension for Submission of Proposals||January 20th, 2021 1700 hours, East African Time|
|Revised Deadline Extension for Submission of Proposals||February 8th, 2021 1700 hours, East African Time Please include the subject line “RFP/RN01069/PARTNERSHIPS/2020” in the email|
|Anticipated Award Type||INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANCY AGREEMENT|
|Submission and Evaluation Criteria||Bidder must provide below listed information in the submitted proposal: |
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement
– Identification Documentations of Bidder (Valid Passport Copy or National Identification Card)
– Copies of academic certificates
– Shall not be sanctioned or blacklisted by any government or institution
– Applicant shall be an Individual Consultant
– Qualification of the individual Consultant relevant to the assignment: [20%]
– Experience in carrying out similar assignments: [30%]
– Technical approach, methodology and work plan: [40%]
– Relevant experience in the region: [10%]
NB. Only the best candidate above 75% of the technical score shall be considered for financial negotiations
Terms of Reference – Annex A
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is an African-led alliance focused on putting farmers at the centre of our continent’s growing economy. AGRA advances uniquely African solutions to sustainably raise farmers’ productivity and connect them to a growing marketplace. Together with its partners—including researchers, donors, African governments, the private sector, and civil society—AGRA seeks to create an environment where Africa feeds itself.
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa is a not-for-profit organization working with African governments, other donors, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), the private sector and African farmers to significantly and sustainably improve the productivity and incomes of resource poor smallholder farmers in Africa. AGRA’s overall goal is to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security of at least 30 million smallholder farming households with a set of targeted catalytic downstream and systemic investments coupled with government engagement made through its alliance of partners.
The Partnerships Unit’s role is to develop and scale partnership intervention models that support private sector led agriculture development and mobilization of (private) investments in the AGRA’s key value chains. In addition, the unit supports AGRA in positioning itself as a preferred partner for private sector led agriculture development, and a leading initiator, convener and catalyst of multi-stakeholder partnerships that drive transformation.
For 2021 the unit has identified the following priorities:
- Work with government-mandated and critical investment institutions to strengthen their capacity to mobilize & facilitate inclusive private sector investment in agriculture, more specifically support the Agribusiness Deal Room
- Establish and leverage relationships with strategic and large-scale private sector actors.
- Establish and manage multi-plex partnerships to leverage resources and scale existing efforts (including country partnerships).
- Support AGRA’s country level delivery of value chain enhancing partnerships.
AGRA is seeking to procure the services of a consultant to deliver on a structured engagement with respective partners and to execute and track the performance of key initiatives and deliverables.
Objective of the consultancy
The main aim of the consultancy is to strengthen the operational management of the partnership team’s on-going and planned initiatives. A second objective is to support the execution of partnership opportunities, most specifically the processing of third-party engagements. A third objective is to manage the tracking and reporting on partnership’s development. Fourthly the consultant is expected to establish and manage a relationship management framework of key partner relationships.
The consultant will report to the Head of Partnerships and will work closely with the other members of the PU team and relevant staff in various teams.
- . Liaise closely with AGRA’s Country Heads and in-country program officers to map in-country opportunities and the delivery of private sector led regional and country-level partnership strategies and plans. Support periodic convening of AGRA country teams on partnership activities and reporting
- . Translate partnership opportunities in concrete in-country activities, by supporting the administrative processes and execution of partnership related grants, technical assistance, third party funding proposals and other investments such as procurements (including but not limited to: support paperwork preparation, edit contracts, presentations, reports, and other communications)
- . Develop and manage the relationship management plan of the Unit for 2021, including partner engagement and follow up on a country level; track and maintain a partnership and relationship database. Ensure that AGRA’s CRM systems are up to date.
- . Follow up on partnerships initiatives, deliverables, grants and consultant reports, contracts, and other commitments and requests for information with associated communications as needed
- . Work closely with AGRA regional and central M&E teams to collect data, monitor and track partnerships outcomes; generate reports on AGRA’s performance in regional and country level private sector and partnership engagement. This includes ensuring data submission into AGRA’s M&E reporting systems
- . Coordinate and organize key partnership meetings and support the tracking follow up tasks and commitments. Support the planning and delivery of AGRA partnership events, including the year-round activities of the Agribusiness Deal Room
- Support the communication plan of the Partnerships Unit. Maintain a database of key events for partnership positioning; engage event organizers for substantive partnerships engagement; prepare engagement tools including presentations, (social) media messages and talking points on relevant topics
- . Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the Partnership Unit, responding and/or re-routing general requests for information, electronic and oral communications and facilitation, liaison with other offices of AGRA and representative from other institutions
- Develop an organized electronic filing system using the Partnerships online repository and upload all relevant partnership material in a timely manner
The consultant will be required to produce the following main outputs:
- Comprehensive map of all in-country partnership opportunities
- Timely and efficient coordination of grant proposals, LOI’s and consultancies within AGRA’s prescribed turnaround times
- Updated electronic filing systems on CRM, AMIS/M&E and others
- Monthly and quarterly tracker reports including; partnership tracker on private sector and partnership engagement; relationship database; LOI progression tracker
- Effective and efficient coordination of the PU team’s calendar and activities including meetings and meeting reports
- Internal and external events and convenings that support AGRA’s partnership strategy
- Relationship management framework for partnerships regularly updated
- Database of key partnership communication material including; presentations, blogs, articles, press releases, media messages
- Developed partnership engagement tools (presentations, articles etc) for at least 6 key thematic/result areas
The consultant shall report directly to the Head of Partnerships Unit, who will designate a contact Partnership Program Officer to coordinate the activity on day-to-day basis.
The consultancy is expected to be completed over a period of 150 days
The Technical Proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Qualification of the individual Consultant relevant to the assignment: [20%]
- Experience in carrying out similar assignments: [40%]
- Technical approach and methodology: [30%]
- Relevant experience in the region: 10%
Total weight: 100%
Submission of Technical and Financial Proposals
This consultancy is open to Individual consultants with sound experience in the services outlined above. Interested Individuals are invited to submit a Technical Proposal and a Financial Proposal.
Interested and qualified consultants are invited to submit their proposal(s) comprising of the following:
- An understanding of the consultancy requirements
- Delivery plan including description of methodology, and preliminary design of the activities, outputs and outcomes.
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments along with three professional referees contacts
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Relevant services undertaken in the past three (3) years
- Copies of academic certificates
- Identification documents
FINANCIAL PROPOSAL must be provided in the prescribed format, RFP ANNEX B, supported with a breakdown analysis and will provide the following information, but is not limited to:
- Professional fees chargeable per month
- Breakdown of disbursements if applicable
- Must be submitted using the format provided, RFP Annex B: Financial Proposal
- Price must be quoted in US Dollars (USD)
- All applicable withholding taxes shall be included. If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, AGRA shall assume that these are inclusive;
- Financial proposal shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure.
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected.
- Technical proposal, detailed CV and Financial Proposals must be submitted separately to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline indicated in the synopsis
- The subject of the email MUST read “RFP/01069/PARTNERSHIPS/2020”. AGRA shall not be liable for not opening proposals that are submitted with a different subject.
- Technical and Financial proposals will need to be submitted as separate documents.
- Only the financial proposal of the best candidate will be opened and negotiated.
- Neither technical nor financial proposals should exceed 10MB.
- The financial proposal MUST be password protected.
- The Financial proposals shall include all applicable withholding taxes. If taxes are not mentioned in the financial proposal, AGRA shall consider them as included in the prices provided.