Synopsis of the Request for Proposal (Consultant Firm)
|Solicitation Reference No.||RFP/029/PART/2021|
|Title of Solicitation||DIGITAL SERVICE PROVIDER FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES AND A YEAR-ROUND VIRTUAL AGRIBUSINESS DEALROOM PLATFORM|
|Issuing Office & Address||Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Website: www.agra.org|
|Vendor Registration link||https://ekjd.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/fscmUI/faces/PrcPosRegisterSupplier?prcBuId=300000001758868|
|Vendor Registration Requirement||Consultant/Supplier shall register on the vendor registration link provided above and attached the following: |
1. Consultants profile including list of similar assignments/services carried out, past and current clients
2. Certificate of Incorporation
3. Copy of ID/Passport for Key Consultants
4. CV of the consultants
|Point of contact for clarifications, questions and amendments||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Email Address for submission of Proposals/ Quotes||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Solicitation Issue Date||May 4, 2021|
|Deadline for submission questions and clarifications||May 10, 2021 1700 hours, East African Time|
|Deadline for Answering questions and clarifications||May 12, 2021 1700 hours, East African Time|
|Deadline for Submission of Proposals||May 19, 2021 1700 hours, East African Time Please include the subject line “RFP/029/PART/2021” in the email|
|Anticipated Award Type||CONSULTANCY AGREEMENT|
|Submission and Evaluation Criteria||Bidder must provide below listed information in the submitted proposal: |
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement
– Certificate of Incorporation/ Business registration Documents
– Identification Documentations of Bidder (Valid copy of Passport or National Identification Card)
– Copies of academic certificates
– Shall not be sanctioned or blacklisted by any government or institution
– Applicant shall be a dully registered consulting firm
– Bidders shall register as AGRA consultant in the provided link
– Valid TAX Compliance certificates (Only applicable to Kenyan registered firms)
– Firms Profile and organization capacity-20%
– Similar Experience-30%
– Approach and Methodology-25%
– Assignment Workplan-5%
– Key Personnel-20%
1. Only proposals who score above 75% will be appraised for financial review.
2. Evaluation Weightage:
– Technical Proposal -80%
– Financial Criteria- 20%
TERMS OF REFERENCE
DIGITAL SERVICE PROVIDER FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES AND A YEAR-ROUND VIRTUAL AGRIBUSINESS DEALROOM
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is an African-led alliance focused on putting farmers at the center of our continent’s growing economy. AGRA advances uniquely African solutions to sustainably raise farmers’ productivity and connect them to a growing marketplace. Together with its partners—including researchers, donors, African governments, the private sector, and civil society—AGRA seeks to create an environment where Africa feeds itself.
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa is a not-for-profit organization working with African governments, other donors, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), the private sector and African farmers to significantly and sustainably improve the productivity and incomes of resource poor smallholder farmers in Africa. AGRA’s overall goal is to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security of at least 30 million smallholder farming households with a set of targeted catalytic downstream and systemic investments coupled with government engagement made through its alliance of partners.
2. The Africa Agribusiness Dealroom
The African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) annually focuses on bringing together Heads of State, Ministers, business leaders, development partner leadership, researchers, thought leaders, farmer organization representatives, youth entrepreneurs, and other critical stakeholders to focus on the actions and policies needed to move the continental agenda forward. The discussions are mainly centered on promoting investments, public – private opportunities and policy support for driving agricultural productivity and income growth for African farmers in a sustainable way.
The Agribusiness Dealroom is one of AGRFs thematic platforms and Africa’s premiere virtual agriculture investment marketplace. It facilitates substantive dialogue and connections among the four key stakeholders; Enterprises; Investors; AGRA & other partners and Governments. The Dealroom will convene SMEs, governments and potential investors from different countries and connects them through a virtual automated matchmaking platform. The platform will also have knowledge sessions/events to create awareness on various themes in the agriculture investment space. For governments, the Dealroom will create opportunities for their investment promotion agencies to present investment opportunities, investment incentives and engage with interested investors. We currently have a database of over 3,600 delegates including over 800 SMEs, 75 investors, 17 governments and numerous business development service providers.
3. Scope of services
The main objective of this assignment is to support AGRA to procure, customize and manage the virtual Agribusiness Deal Room and offer technical support to run the platform including integration into the AGRF Platform. The virtual platform will host and profile over 4,000 delegates representing different categories including private sector companies, governments, development partners, investors, business advisory services, NGOs and other strategic partners. The platform will be enabled for matchmaking, community management, meeting scheduling, large webinars, bi-lateral meetings and roundtables. It will be used to provide in-depth analytics on users including but not limited to user interaction and engagement on the platform, user profiles and matchmaking needs, user demographics.
The scope of work for this consultancy includes:
Year-round Agribusiness DealRoom virtual platform configuration and management
Migrate existing data and reports from previous platforms and rapidly set-up a year-round application that facilitates the DealRoom experience for private sector and stakeholders and allows for matchmaking, information exchange and monitoring of meetings.
Specifically, the platform solution will provide for:
- Matchmaking functionality that provides for smart matching between delegates (SMEs, Global businesses, investors, Business Development Service Providers, Stakeholders, technical organizations and experts, and high-level government delegations) based on individual and organizational and national user profiles. Each group will be able to continuously update their profiles as well as share with specific groups of participants upcoming opportunities.
- Meeting and webinar functionality allowing for active information exchange through multiple concurrent bi-lateral meetings and group meetings with capacity for up to 5000 participants.
- The platform should allow for integration into public facing media streaming platforms such as YouTube.
- An interactive knowledge portal with the capacity to store documents and materials of large size and in different formats including word, PDF, JPEG and video formats.
- Feedback functionality that is enabled for running surveys, pools and other feedback capabilities.
- Data analysis, reporting and dashboards. The platform should be able to provide detailed exportable analysis reports on different indicators such as usage rate, cross engagement, user demographics, user profiles etc as well as generate data report charts/graphics and dashboards (via APIs).
- Language; should have multi-lingual functionality for interpretation and translation.
- Branding. The platform should allow for full Agribusiness Deal Room/AGRF Branding.
Agribusiness DealRoom @AGRF2021 virtual event design
Conceptualize, design and set-up a non-traditional virtual event with enhanced and interactive participant experience features similar to in-person and physical event. (Sample virtual event site https://sdgtent.com/welcome-desk). The event should have functionality for:
- Registration. Delegates attending the event will be required to register in order to access the virtual event. The registration process should be integrated with the AGRF platform for a seamless user experience.
- Chat messaging. A chat messaging functionality allowing delegates to continuously engage and exchange information and ideas
- Virtual meetings and webinars. Allowing for active information exchange through bi-lateral meetings and group meetings with capacity for up to 1000 participants.
- Market place. A virtual marketplace with exhibition booths and an interactive investment opportunities repository
Year-round technical support for the DealRoom platform and the AGRF event
The platform should include user support through:
- Pre-recorded video user manual and site navigation tour
- Live automated in-built chat support for common user queries
- Dedicated technical team assigned throughout the event
The platform should be enabled to generate analyzed intelligence reports on data assets including but not limited to site visits per day and site engagement level, user profiles for matchmaking, user demographics, user engagement frequency and interactions, webinar registration and attendance, targeted user group surveys.
4. Expected activities and deliverables
In order to accomplish the above, the service provider is expected to deliver:
- Inception report and work plan
- In close collaboration with AGRA, procure the best fit virtual platform solution that provides for functionalities outlined in 3.1 – 3.4 above for the year-round Deal Room platform
- Provide light touch support to the year-round Deal Room
- Develop and manage the Deal Room event site
- Monthly platform reports
- Daily dedicated technical team (minimum 3 FTE team) support during AGRF week
- Dedicated technical support during year-round Deal Room events (estimated 1-2 events a month)
- User group briefings on how to navigate and optimally use the platform (estimated 6 user groups)
- Daily reports during the AGRF week
- Final Report with recommendations for enhancements
The engagement is for a period of 14 months, renewable subject to satisfactory delivery and availability of funding.
6. Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing, managing, hosting similar web based digital platforms
- Technical team with strong IT experience
- Technical team with strong web design experience
- Strong user interface and support desk capacity
- Ability to provide technical services as outlined in the requirements
7. Working Relationships
The service provider will report to the Agribusiness Deal Room Lead, working closely with AGRA IT team and the AGRF platform service provider.
Technical and Financial proposals will need to be submitted as separate documents. Financial proposals will not be opened until the conclusion of the technical evaluation and then only for those proposals that are deemed qualified and responsive.
8. Evaluation criteria
|Evaluation Criteria||Evaluation Sub-Criteria||Score|
|Firms Profile and Organization capacity||Summary of the firm’s profile and suitability for the assignment||20%|
|Consulting Firm Similar Experience||– Significant experience and capacity in carrying out similar assignment|
– Experience within Africa region
– Detailed client portfolio list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments and relevant services undertaken in the past three (3) years
|Technical Approach and Methodology||The firm should demonstrate a strong understanding of the proposed scope of work, and ability to apply evidence. |
The firm should submit technical approach and methodology of implementing this assignment. (Maximum 3-5 pages)
|Assignment Workplan||Proposed workplan presented in weeks highlighting key deliverables and resources||5%|
|Key Personnel||The proposed key personnel presented by the firm for the assignment and must include at least. |
1. Team Leader
2. Technical Expert (s) including ICT experts, event management/client experience experts
Minimum Qualification of Key experts:
1. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing, managing, hosting similar web based digital platforms
2. Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or Business domain. A master’s degree will be an added advantage
3. Technical team with strong IT experience
4. Technical team with strong web design experience
5. Strong user interface and support desk capacity
6. Ability to provide technical services as outlined in the requirements
Bidder must submit detailed CV and academic certificates. An expert may have one or more of the profiles provided, firms may include additional experts to meet the objective of the assignment
- Must be submitted using the format provided, RFP Annex B: Financial Proposal
- Price must be quoted in US Dollars (USD)
- All applicable taxes (VAT and withholding taxes) shall be included
- If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, AGRA shall assume that these are inclusive;
- Financial proposal shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected
Proposals MUST be submitted via email to AGRA General Procurement: Procurement@agra.org. by the dates summarized in the synopsis.
Technical proposal and Financial proposal shall be submitted as separate attachment. Neither technical nor financial proposals should exceed 10MB. The firm’s proposal with any subsequent modifications and counterproposals, if applicable, shall become an integral part of any resulting contract.
AGRA reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, number of short-listed participants, the right to withdraw from the proposal process, the right to change the timelines at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time, without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party.