Synopsis of the Request for Proposal (Individual Consultant)
|Solicitation Reference No.||RFP/RN01057/PARTNERSHIPS/2020 (REISSUE)|
|Title of Solicitation||Deal Room and Partnerships Consultant|
|Issuing Office & Address||Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Website: www.agra.org|
|Point of contact for clarifications, questions and ammendments||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Email Address for submission of Proposals/ Quotes||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Solicitation Issue Date||February 12, 2020|
|Deadline for submission questions and clarifications||February 22, 2020 1700 hours, East African Time|
|Deadline for Answering questions and clarifications||February 24, 2020 1700 hours, East African Time|
|Deadline Extension for Submission of Proposals||March 1, 2021 1700 hours, East African Time Please include the subject line “RFP/RN01057/PARTNERSHIPS/2020 Reissue” in the email|
|Anticipated Award Type||INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANCY AGREEMENT|
|Submission and Evaluation Criteria||Bidder must provide below listed information in the submitted proposal: |
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement
– Identification Documentations of Bidder (Valid copy of Passport or National Identification Card)
– Copies of academic certificates
– Shall not be sanctioned or blacklisted by any government or institution
– Applicant shall be an Individual Consultant
– Qualification of the individual Consultant relevant to the assignment: [20%]
– Experience in carrying out similar assignments: [40%]
– Technical approach, methodology and work plan: [30%]
– Relevant experience in the Agriculture Sector: [10%]
NB. Only the best candidate above 75% of the technical score shall be considered for financial negotiations
Terms of Reference – Annex A
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is an African-led alliance focused on putting farmers at the center of our continent’s growing economy. AGRA advances uniquely African solutions to sustainably raise farmers’ productivity and connect them to a growing marketplace. Together with its partners—including researchers, donors, African governments, the private sector, and civil society—AGRA seeks to create an environment where Africa feeds itself.
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa is a not-for-profit organization working with African governments, other donors, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), the private sector and African farmers to significantly and sustainably improve the productivity and incomes of resource poor smallholder farmers in Africa. AGRA’s overall goal is to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security of at least 30 million smallholder farming households with a set of targeted catalytic downstream and systemic investments coupled with government engagement made through its alliance of partners.
The Partnerships Unit’s role is to develop and scale partnership intervention models that support private sector led agriculture development and mobilization of (private) investments in the AGRA’s key value chains. In addition, the unit supports AGRA in positioning itself as a preferred partner for private sector led agriculture development, and a leading initiator, convener and catalyst of multi-stakeholder partnerships that drive transformation.
The unit has identified the following priorities:
- Work with government-mandated and critical investment institutions to strengthen their capacity to mobilize & facilitate inclusive private sector investment in agriculture.
- Establish and leverage relationships with strategic and large-scale private sector actors
- Establish and manage multi-plex partnerships to leverage resources and scale existing efforts (including country partnerships). A key example is The Farm to Market Alliance (FtMA).
- Support AGRA’s country level delivery of value chain enhancing partnerships
AGRA is seeking to procure the services of a consultant to deliver on a structured engagement with respective partners and to execute and track the performance of key initiatives and deliverables.
Objectives of the consultancy
The main aim of the consultancy is to strengthen the engagement of various partners and leverage their skills and resources to increase investment into African Agriculture. A second objective is to support the execution of Agribusiness Deal room as year-round engagement.
The consultant will report to the Head of Partnerships and will work closely with the other members of the PU team and relevant staff in various teams.
- Deal room Partnership and Investment Mobilization engagement: Coordinate, convene and recruit partners and investors to ensure optimal engagement and delivery of the Deal Room. Ensure that partners provide insight into the design of the Deal room and that partners stay engaged in the delivery of the Deal room. During the Deal room support partners to get the most value of the Deal room.
- Agribusiness Deal room Communications and Coordination: Design the program media and knowledge content for the deal room components, platforms, meetings ensure adequate reporting to partners and information sharing amongst and key stakeholders.
- Year-Round Events: Ensure the various events throughout the year are set up and organized to international standards.
- Publications and Reporting.
The consultant will be required to produce the following main outputs:
- Facilitate the Agribusiness Deal room partners platform engagement, tracking, events, SME support, investor relationship coordination
- Generate a mapping and regular status reports of all deal room partnership, sourcing in Africa, and investment mobilization opportunities
- Develop deal room content by designing session briefs, send out invitations and design and execute deal room capacity building, best practices sessions and investment mobilization activities
- Organize partnership events to international standards
- Coordinate with the Deal room Partners Group and the AGRF secretariat to ensure alignment in the messaging invitation and registration process of key partners for the deal room
- Communicate on social media, contribute to writing website content, write op eds and/or knowledge reports and presentations
The consultant shall report to the Head of Partnerships Unit, who will designate a contact Partnership Program Officer to coordinate the activity on day-to-day basis.
The consultancy shall run for 150 days over a period of 12 months.
All materials / documents arising out of this consultancy work shall remain the property of AGRA.
- Qualification of the individual Consultant relevant to the assignment: [20%]
- Experience in carrying out similar assignments: [40%]
- Technical approach, methodology and work plan: [30%]
- Relevant experience in the agriculture sector: [10%]
Submission of Technical and Financial Proposals
This consultancy is open to Individual consultants with sound experience in the services outlined above. Interested Individuals are invited to submit a Technical Proposal and a Financial Proposal.
A. Technical proposal
Interested and qualified consultants are invited to submit their proposal(s) comprising of the following:
- An understanding of the consultancy requirements
- Delivery plan including description of methodology, and preliminary design of the activities, outputs and outcomes.
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments along with three professional referees contacts
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Relevant services undertaken in the past three (3) years
- Copies of academic certificates
- Identification documents
While preparing the Technical Proposal, consultants must give attention to the following:
- In preparing the Technical Proposal, consultants are expected to examine the documents constituting this RFP in detail. Material deficiencies in providing the information requested may result in rejection of a proposal.
- The consultant’s proposal must be written in English language
- The full proposal should contain two components:
- A Summary Proposal Document not exceeding 5 pages in Microsoft Word (single- space, 12-point font) responding to the areas denoted in the RFP and should be accompanied by associated accreditation and any desired annexes including case studies of sector specific work done and CV
- A Summary Proposal Presentation not exceeding 10 slides in Microsoft PowerPoint to convey the key elements of the proposal to AGRA
B. Financial Proposal
FINANCIAL PROPOSAL must be provided in the prescribed format, RFP ANNEX B, supported with a breakdown analysis and will provide the following information, but is not limited to:
- Professional fees chargeable per day
- Breakdown of disbursements if applicable
- Must be submitted using the format provided, RFP Annex B: Financial Proposal
- Price must be quoted in US Dollars (USD)
- All applicable withholding taxes shall be included. If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, AGRA shall assume that these are inclusive;
- Financial proposal shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure.
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected.
- Technical proposal/detailed CV and Financial Proposals must be submitted separately to email@example.com by the deadline indicated in the synopsis
- The subject of the email MUST read “RFP/RN01057/PARTNERSHIPS/2020-Reissue”. AGRA shall not be liable for not opening proposals that are submitted with a different subject.
- Technical and Financial proposals will need to be submitted as separate documents.
- Only the financial proposal of the best candidate will be opened and negotiated.
- Neither technical nor financial proposals should exceed 10MB.
- The financial proposal MUST be password protected.
- The Financial proposals shall include all applicable withholding taxes. If taxes are not mentioned in the financial proposal, AGRA shall consider them as included in the prices provided.