Synopsis of the Request for Proposal (Consulting Firm)
|Solicitation Reference No.||RFP-142-PART-2021|
|Title of Solicitation||Consultancy for the Development of a Business Plan to Provide Guidance and Delivery of Digital Agriculture Platform (DAP)|
|Issuing Office & Address||Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Website: www.agra.org|
|Point of contact for clarifications, questions and ammendments||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Email Address for submission of Proposals/ Quotes||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Solicitation Issue Date||September 14, 2021 East African Time.|
|Deadline for submission questions and clarifications||September 20, 2021 5:00 PM, East African Time.|
|Deadline for Answering questions and clarifications||September 22, 5:00 PM, East African Time.|
|Deadline for submission of proposals||September 29 5:00 PM, East African Time. |
Please include the subject line “RFP/063/GEND/2021” in the email
|Anticipated Award Type||CONSULTANCY AGREEMENT|
|Submission and Evaluation Criteria||Bidders are encouraged to register as a vendor via the link provided below and submit the below mandatory requirements in their proposal: https://ekjd.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/fscmUI/faces/PrcPosRegisterSupplier?prcBuId=300000001758868 |
Bidder must provide the below listed information
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement
1. Must be a registered firm
2. Provide a Certificate of Incorporation/Registration
3. Provide CVs of Key Personnel
4. List of past clients, descriptin of similar work carried out, value of contract, include email and telephone contacts of the clients Technical
1. Company profile and Organizational capacity – 10%
2. Technical Approach/ Methodology-20%
3. Assignment Workplan-10%
4. Firms experience in carrying out similar assignments – 30%
5. Key personnel – 30%
1. Technical Proposal will be weighted out of 80%
2. Financial Proposal will be weighted out of 20%
Minimum technical score: Only technical proposals with a score of 75% and above shall qualify for opening of the financial proposals
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Consultancy for the development of a business plan to provide guidance and delivery of Digital Agriculture Platform (DAP)
1. About AGRA
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa is a not-for-profit organization working with African governments, other Development Partners, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), the private sector and African farmers to significantly and sustainably improve the productivity and incomes of resource poor smallholder farmers in Africa. AGRA’s overall goal is to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security of at least 30 million smallholder farming households with a set of targeted catalytic downstream and systemic investments coupled with government engagement made through its alliance of partners
2. AGRA digital Strategy
AGRA’s digital strategy is to promote digital as an enabler to connect agriculture ecosystems, sustainably integrating Governments, Markets and Villages in the service of strategic value chains. The path to impact is ecosystem driven. The headline goal of AGRA’s digital strategy is to coordinate the community of tech providers and programs, and create impact by promoting scaled, digital integration of country value chains. AGRA has a unique ability to drive digital impact through direct engagement with Governments and Communities. Our ability to catalyse and bring together the African community takes digital solutions to the last mile where farmers realize the benefits.
AGRA are currently engaging with IBM and Microsoft at diffferent levels. IBM is working with our grantee KUMWE on logistic solution, essentially where their supplies that meet their premium buyer to include WFP. They use AI technology to locate their maize for supply and also project yield outcomes using the same technology. IBM also work with Hello tractors to cover their network of tractors, allowing Farmers to get access to mechanization. The technology maps farms and is able to tell the size of farm and time taken to plough. IBM technology predicts regional climate data and picks up shocks that happen at regional level and model the potential impact on a particular food chain while developing recommendation to avert the predictable outcomes of the food chains- building analytic models for resiliance for the farmers.
Microsoft has been working with govenrments to develop their digital transformation strategy and rad maps. This governments include Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda, Ethiopia and Ivory Coast. Microsoft are currently working with AGRA on AGRA Bot pilot aimed at providing digital extension and services via SMS, WhatsApp and Telegram. It also aimed to support the extension services of the Village Based Advisors (VBAs) in AGRA’s existing networks.
AGRA seek to build a digital alliance between this two powerhouse to enable one Big data through IBM and last mile delivery through Microsoft. AGRA see this as an opportnity to co-develop a platform that can serve AGRA interest in reaching farmers with technology to increase their productivity and access to markets. We believe though the technology we will be abe to map farms with location and their value chains, this will clearly show through dashboard how many farmers we are reaching through our interventions and also we will be able to verify information given by our grantees.
3. Aim of consultancy
The objective of the consultancy is to develop a clear business plan to provide guidance and delivery of Digital Agriculture Platform. The plan will elaborate mutual benefit and complementarity in partnership, in development of DAP.
4. Scope of work
Proposed activities will include
- Organize and conduct an inception meeting with AGR, IBM and Microsoft to discuss the expectations of this assignment.
- Assess the AGRA digital strategy and analyse business models for developing DAP
- Develop a business plan to support the development and implementation of AGRA digital platform
- Manage the stakeholders (IBM/Microsoft) interests in the project.
- Review existing use cases: Set out various use cases that can be applied in development of DAP
- Effective and efficient coordination of the IBM/Microsoft team’s including meetings and meeting reports
- Develop a consortium model that delivers value for AGRA, Governments, farmers, markets and key digital partners
5. Consultants qualification (Firm)
- Registered Consulting Firm
- At least 10 years in carrying out similar assignments (DAP and Business Plans)
- Track record in delivering assignments in sub-Saharan African AgTech context as stated in the terms of reference tasks.
- Evidence of provision of service in the Africa region specifically referencing assignments of similar nature to this scope.
- A business plan for the development of a sustainable DAP inclusion of the Situational Analysis, implementation strategy, Business development / partnership strategy, Result tracking, Financial plan, – including the best technology solutions.
- A stakeholders’ validation meeting to discuss the draft business plan before it is finalized.
- Final meeting to hand over the business plan document.
7. Duration of the Assignment
The assignment is estimated to be conducted in 5 Months.
8. Reporting lines
The consultant will report to Senior Program Officer Digital.
9. Evaluation Criteria
|Company profile and Organizational capacity||10%|
|Technical Approach Description of the proposed services which meet or exceed the stated scope of work. Expression of a clear and adequate methodological framework that demonstrates understanding of the terms of reference.||20%|
|Assignment Workplan Detailed workplan indicating the milestones to be achieved||10%|
|Firms Experience: Evidence of experience in delivering assignments in sub-Saharan African AgTech context as stated in the terms of reference tasks. Provide evidence of provision of service in the Africa region specifically referencing assignments of similar nature to this scope.||30%|
|Key Personnel: Team Leader: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Business information Technology, economics, management or another relevant fieldA Master’s degree in any of the above will be preferred At least 10 years of business strategy developmentAt least 10 years of relevant work experience in Agriculture digital technology Good knowledge of agriculture sector including government engagement Strong network in the public and private AgTech players.Experience in managing complex partnership platforms and strategic networks is a preferenceWorking knowledge of cloud infrastructure and data management practicesWorking knowledge of technology product development and rollout strategiesExperience in carrying out assessments to identify assets, needs and best practices to drive sustainable business models through collaborations and partnershipsExcellent documentation skills||20%|
|Other Experts Provide CV’s of additional experts that demonstrate expertise and knowledge in business plan business development in delivery of Digital Agriculture Platform.French is an added advantage -5%||10%|
10. Application Submission Requirements
The proposal should include:
A. Technical Proposal
- Provide methodology, work plan and understanding of the assignment
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae of the Team Lead and Other four key expert.
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments carried out
- Demonstrate possession of qualification and experience required
B. Financial Proposal
- The firm shall provide a financial proposal as per the template provided under annex 1.
- The firm may also propose additional pricing options or modalities for consideration.
- Price must be quoted in US Dollars (USD)
- Prices MUST be inclusive of all applicable taxes (Kenya Withholding Taxes and Kenya VAT where applicable).
- If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, AGRA shall assume that these are inclusive.
- Reimbursable costs if applicable shall be quoted separately.
- The financial proposal shall be submitted separately from the technical proposal and should be password protected. Only the firm meeting the minimum technical score (75% and above) shall be requested for the password to their financial proposal
11. Guidelines for Preparations and submission of proposals
- The proposals SHALL be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by deadline indicated in the synopsis
- The proposal and ALL Attachments submitted via email SHALL NOT exceed 10MB
- VALIDITY of the proposal shall be for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure.
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected.
- Proposal must be provided in English Language
AGRA reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, number of short-listed candidates and the right to withdraw from this process at any time without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party.