Synopsis of the Request for Proposal
|Solicitation Reference No.||RFP/155/BF/2021|
|Title of Solicitation||Burkina Faso Partnership Consultant|
|Issuing Office & Address||Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Website: www.agra.org|
|Point of contact for clarifications, questions and ammendments||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Email Address for submission of clarifications, questions and amendments, Proposals/ Quotes||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Location of the assignment||Burkina Faso|
|Solicitation Issue Date||12th October, 2021|
|Deadline for submission questions and clarifications||18th October, 2021|
|Deadline for Answering questions and clarifications||21st October, 2021|
|Deadline for Submission of Proposals||26th October, 2021; 5:00PM, East African Time. Please include the subject line “RFP/155/BF/2021” of the email.|
|Type of consultant||Individual consultant|
|Anticipated Award Type||CONSULTANCY AGREEMENT|
|Evaluation Criteria||Bidders are encouraged to register (if not already registered) as a vendor via the link provided below and submit the below mandatory requirements in their proposal: https://ekjd.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/fscmUI/faces/PrcPosRegisterSupplier?prcBuId=300000001758868 |
Mandatory Eligibility Requirements
1. Company profile.
2. Certificate of incorporation or certificate of registration
3. CVs of key personnel.
1. Qualification of the individual Consultant relevant to the assignment: [15%]
2. Experience in carrying out similar assignments: [40%]
3. Technical approach, methodology and work plan: [30%]
4. Relevant experience in the agriculture sector: [5%]
5. Fluency in English and French: [10%]
NB. The minimum technical score shall be 75% The best technical proposal above 75% shall be considered for financial review and negotiations
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is an African-led alliance focused on putting farmers at the center of our continent’s growing economy. AGRA advances uniquely African solutions to sustainably raise farmers’ productivity and connect them to a growing marketplace. Together with its partners—including researchers, donors, African governments, the private sector, and civil society—AGRA seeks to create an environment where Africa feeds itself.
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa is a not-for-profit organization working with African governments, other donors, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), the private sector and African farmers to improve the productivity and incomes of resource poor smallholder farmers significantly and sustainably in Africa. AGRA’s overall goal is to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security of at least 30 million smallholder farming households with a set of targeted catalytic downstream and systemic investments coupled with government engagement made through its alliance of partners.
The Partnerships Unit’s role is to develop and scale partnership intervention models that support private sector led agriculture development and mobilization of (private) investments in the AGRA’s key value chains. In addition, the unit supports AGRA in positioning itself as a preferred partner for private sector led agriculture development, and a leading initiator, convener and catalyst of multi-stakeholder partnerships that drive transformation.
The unit has identified the following priorities:
- Work with government-mandated and critical investment institutions to strengthen their capacity to mobilize & facilitate inclusive private sector investment in agriculture.
- Establish and leverage relationships with strategic and large-scale private sector actors
- Establish and manage multi-plex partnerships to leverage resources and scale existing efforts (including country partnerships). A key example is The Farm to Market Alliance (FtMA).
- Support AGRA’s country level delivery of value chain enhancing partnerships
AGRA is seeking to procure the services of a consultant to deliver on a structured engagement with respective partners and to execute and track the performance of key initiatives and deliverables.
Objectives of the consultancy
The main aim of the consultancy is to strengthen and empower Burkina Faso’s SME’s and leverage their skills and resources to increase investment into African Agriculture.
A second objective is to support Burkina Faso AGRA Office on Agribusiness Deal room as year-round engagement.
As a convener of actors in the staples sector, AGRA is seeking contract experienced, knowledgeable and well networked Business relationship officer or SMEs business booster with capacity to enhance SME’s business model to be more performant and attractive. He / She will most likely be graduates with interest and experience in the agriculture and agri-business sector and be excited about contributing to the development of Burkina Faso SMEs, allowing them to be more competitive in the African and worldwide market. This will be also a strategy that places the Agriculture sector at the center of discussion in relevant fora (public, private and academia) and support Africa’s agenda to solving food insecurity by 2030.
To achieve the above objective, AGRA Burkina Faso partnership consultant must be able to do the following:
- Developing a stakeholder mapping analysis and in-country partnership development work plan
- Map out key stakeholders.
- Develop prioritization criteria and support AGRA Burkina Faso Country Office to identify and prioritize new relationship, in collaboration with the country team.
- Develop concrete value proposition and necessary communication materials for outreach to potential new partners and SMEs.
- Develop partnership development work plan, timelines, and deliverables.
- Develop Partnerships development and investment facilitation capacity building.
- Review existing pipelines, particularly opportunities that emerged post AGRF 2021, and other major milestones.
- Investment facilitation capacity building and business development service in Burkina Faso office.
- Designing, planning and delivery of AGRA partnership events such as African Green Revolution Forum.
- Tracking and reporting on partnership development.
- Track and maintain a partnership development database and relationship management database.
- Tracking indicators and outcomes of AGRA Burkina Faso’s partnership activities, this includes a partnership survey.
The consultant will be based in Ouagadougou Burkina Faso during the assignment and shall report to the Country Manager, who will designate a contact Partnership Program Officer to coordinate the activity on day-to-day basis.
The consultancy shall run for 39 days spread over a period of 3 months. This is estimated at 13 Days support per month.
All materials / documents arising out of this consultancy work shall remain the property of AGRA.
- At least 5 years of senior-level experience in program management.
- Good command of French and English required.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrate practical exposure or capacity to and working as a senior manager or business developer in the relevant field – directly with Burkina Faso’s SMEs or as sales representative and partnership officer in development organizations, research institutions, etc. A minimum of ten years in such a position
- Strong private sector experience in either agribusiness, finance or related sector
- Has experience in working on joined projects with African governments, researchers, development partners.
- Deep understanding of Burkina Faso Agribusiness trends, activities, investment related policies.
- Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational, and problem solving/decision making ability.
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Qualification of the individual Consultant relevant to the assignment: [15%]
- Experience in carrying out similar assignments: [40%]
- Technical approach, methodology and work plan: [30%]
- Relevant experience in the agriculture sector: [5%]
- Fluency in English and French: [10%]
Submission of Technical and Financial Proposals
This consultancy is open to Individual consultants with sound experience in the services outlined above. Interested Individuals are invited to submit a Technical Proposal and a Financial Proposal.
9.1 Technical proposal
Interested and qualified consultants are invited to submit their proposal(s) comprising of the following:
- An understanding of the consultancy requirements
- Delivery plan including description of methodology, and preliminary design of the activities, outputs, and outcomes.
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments along with three professional referees contacts
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Relevant services undertaken in the past three (3) years
- Copies of academic certificates
- Identification documents
While preparing the Technical Proposal, consultants must give attention to the following:
- In preparing the Technical Proposal, consultants are expected to examine the documents constituting this RFP in detail. Material deficiencies in providing the information requested may result in rejection of a proposal.
- The consultant’s proposal must be written in English language
- The full proposal should contain two components:
- A Summary Proposal Document not exceeding 5 pages in Microsoft Word (single- space, 12-point font) responding to the areas denoted in the RFP and should be accompanied by associated accreditation and any desired annexes including case studies of sector specific work done and CV
9.2 Financial Proposal
FINANCIAL PROPOSAL must be provided in the prescribed format, RFP ANNEX B, supported with a breakdown analysis and will provide the following information, but is not limited to:
- Professional fees chargeable per day inclusive of Tax
- Breakdown of disbursements if applicable
- Filled in Biodata Form
- Must be submitted using the format provided, RFP Annex B: Financial Proposal
- Price must be quoted in US Dollars (USD)
- All applicable withholding taxes shall be included. If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, AGRA shall assume that these are inclusive.
- Financial proposal shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure.
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected.
- Technical proposal/detailed CV and Financial Proposals must be submitted separately to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline indicated in the synopsis
- The subject of the email MUST read the title of the solicitation
- AGRA shall not be liable for not opening proposals that are submitted with a different subject.
- Technical and Financial proposals will need to be submitted as separate documents.
- Only the financial proposal of the best candidate will be opened and negotiated.
- Neither technical nor financial proposals should exceed 10MB.
- The financial proposal MUST be password protected.
- The Financial proposals shall include all applicable withholding taxes. If taxes are not mentioned in the financial proposal, AGRA shall consider them as included in the prices provided.