Synopsis of the Request for Proposal (Consultant Firm)
|Solicitation Reference No.||RFP/021/AGRF/2021|
|Title of Solicitation||AGRF Summit 2021 Program Planning And Management, Content Development and Facilitation Services|
|Issuing Office & Address||Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Website: www.agra.org|
|Vendor Registration link||https://ekjd.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/fscmUI/faces/PrcPosRegisterSupplier?prcBuId=300000001758868|
|Procurement method and weightage||Method: Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) Weightage: 80% Technical and 20% Financial|
|Minimum Technical score required to qualify for financial evaluation||75%|
|Point of contact for clarifications||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Email Address for submission of Proposals/ Quotes||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Solicitation Issue Date||April 9th , 2021|
|Prebid Conference||April 15th, 2021 from 1400-1600Hrs EAT ‘Bidders are advised to confirm by cob 14th April, 2021 through the firstname.lastname@example.org email their interest and willingness to participate in this prebid conference to facilitate coordination and invitation.’|
|Deadline for Submission of Proposals||April 23rd, 2021 Please include the subject line “RFP/021/AGRF/2021-AGRF SUMMIT CONTENT DEVELOPMENT” on the email.|
|Anticipated Award Type||CONSULTANCY AGREEMENT|
|Submission and Evaluation Criteria||Bidders are encouraged to provide the below listed information |
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement
1. Consultant/Supplier must register on the vendor registration link provided above and attach the following:
– Company profile including list of similar assignments/services carried out, past and current clients
– Trading license or certificate of incorporation
– Copy of ID/Passport for Company Director
– CV of the Company Director
2. TAX clearance certificates (Applicable to firms originating from Kenya, Rwanda, Ghana, Tanzania and Mozambique)
3. Copy of Personal/Tax Identification Number certificate (Applicable to firms originating from Kenya, Rwanda, Ghana, Tanzania and Mozambique)
4. Shall not be sanctioned or blacklisted by any government or institution
1. A maximum of five (5) page proposal on the approach and methodology for carrying out the assignment (30%)
2. The work-plan for performing the assignment (10%)
3. Key staff to carry out the assignment (40%)
4. Summary list of similar assignments carried out in the past five (5) years (20%)
Terms of Reference – Annex A
AGRF Summit 2021 Program Planning and Management, Content Development and Facilitation Services
The AGRF is considered the world’s most important and impactful forum for African agriculture, bringing together stakeholders in the agricultural landscape to take practical actions and share lessons that will move African agriculture forward. The Forum, which now consists of an annual Summit and many thematic platforms and activities throughout the year, brings together partners to energize political will and advance the programs, investments, and policies required to counter the major challenges affecting the agriculture sector and achieve an inclusive and sustainable agricultural transformation across the continent. It works explicitly to help African countries and the continent to make continuous progress to achieve the visions set in the Malabo Declaration and related Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP), the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and Africa’s Agenda 2063.
The AGRF Partners Group is made up of a coalition of leading actors in African agriculture all focused on putting farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economies. Partners currently include the 26 institutions and is continuously growing. The AGRF Secretariat is hosted by AGRA on behalf of partners; itself an African-led institution that works in 11 countries across the continent. The Government of Rwanda serves as a long-term host of the forum, championing its agenda throughout the year and hosting the annual Summit in all even years, i.e., 2020, 2022, and 2024.
AGRF 2021 Summit and Alignment with the UN Food Systems Summit 2021 is a critical year for recovery and food system transformation. This year’s AGRF Summit will explore the pathways and actions needed to accelerate this process and steer the continent towards food systems that deliver sufficient and nutritious food; food systems that do not impact the environment negatively, and food systems that create sustainable, dignified jobs, and shared prosperity for Africa under the theme: Africa’s Pathways Towards Recovery and Food System Transformation.
Given its critical role as the premium convening platform for African Agriculture public and private decision-makers, the AGRF is uniquely positioned to catalyze the continent’s delivery of an action agenda for the Food Systems Summit in September in New York.
The AGRF will:
- Reflect on the emerging coalitions
- Catalyze an action agenda towards the FSS in September
- Identify priority areas for support and intervention in country-level actions
- Articulate an African vision on inclusive Agriculture
- Complement public commitments with commitments of other stakeholders
The AGRF would like to engage a qualified consultant for seven months to support the upcoming AGRF Summit 2021, in particular, the consultant will support the secretariat in AGRF Program Planning and Management, Content Development, and Facilitation Services that will ensure AGRF convenes African leadership around the key priorities and commitments to FSS, and clearly articulate the contribution of the AGRF as a platform to the UNFSS.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the AGRF Summit 2021 will be held as a hybrid event.
Scope of Work
The consultancy will include but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Support the AGRF Secretariat to design and develop the overall agenda for the hybrid AGRF Summit 2021, to deliver a strong and compelling program for a virtual summit in line with the theme of the Summit as well as inform the priorities of AGRF Partners.
- Align programming in such a way that it will contribute to a shared African vision of priorities and commitments to food systems transformation for the September UNFSS
- Guide and advise on engagement and alignment with the July UN FSS pre-summit to ensure that we build a program that has allows for reflection on the pre-summit and next steps towards action.
- Work closely with the Global Events Manager to ensure effective audience engagement and delivery of content during the AGRF Summit.
- Identify and provide support to session leads, and resource persons identified for the expected sessions as shall be discussed and agreed upon during the Summit Week.
- Engage with the AGRF’s nine existing thematic platforms (1 platform has yet to be initiated) during the year and work with their Co-Chairs and members to draw out priority sessions, knowledge products, speakers, participants that should be incorporated into the Summit, and develop bi-monthly progress report of these platforms.
- Support the Co-chairs in the coordination of AGRF thematic platforms in year-round engagements with members
- Lead in the development and design of the Deal Room program
- Support in the coordination of all side events and partner events on Day 1 of the program, and as shall be agreed upon
- Recommend AGRF Speakers for AGRF Summit 2021 to the AGRF Secretariat, and manage a database of speakers and moderators that will take part in the AGRF Summit
- Develop a diverse and dynamic speaker portfolio that provides a balance in terms of inclusivity (youth & gender), francophone, and anglophone speakers and is geographically balanced.
- Lead on invitations and confirmations with all speakers at the Summit in alignment with agreements of the AGRF Secretariat
- Work with session leads and resource persons identified for all AGRF Summit 2021 sessions to ensure quality session briefs are prepared and posted online by end of July 2021, and set-up briefing sessions for speakers in August 2021 before the Summit Week.
During the Summit
- Manage the flow of the Program together with the Global Events Manager during the AGRF Summit ensuring sessions start and end on time and with good facilitation and clear outcomes that can be distilled and discussed at plenary and closing out sessions.
- Track commitments to action in the context of the UNFSS
- Provide qualified and bilingual rapporteurs to coordinate the documentation of sessions & plenaries and provide notes for each session at the end of the summit that can be posted online (in English for all sessions and in French)
- Conduct daily content-based session polls and share the results with the Secretariat
- Conduct full analytics on the event engagement of participants and speakers (polls, surveys, deep-dive interviews) and provide findings to the secretariat as input for the program design for 2022
- Provide a daily report on the outcomes and recommendations of each session from the summit
- Ensure thank you notes are sent to all speakers in September 2021 in alignment with the AGRF Secretariat
- Prepare the AGRF 2021 Summit Communique, to be ready before the last day of the Summit
- Generate Communique that aligns with stakeholder’s contribution to the UNFSS and commitments to action
- Prepare and submit sub-reports for at least two thematic platforms (i.e., Deal Room and on other as shall be agreed upon with the Secretariat)
- Prepare a final technical Summit Report by end of September that captures the highlights of the program throughout the week, the summit outcomes, and recommendations from all the sessions.
The consultancy will be expected to deliver, the following outputs:
- A high-quality program structure, considering the hybrid nature of the event, incorporating all sessions and speakers as agreed upon by May 24, 2021.
- A high-quality speaker management database that tracks and ensures all speakers are invited, confirmed, receive their briefs, and ultimately receive thank you notes after the summit.
- Full speaker profiles for all lead speakers
- Session briefs and presentations, for all sessions to be posted in an online database accessible by all speakers by July 15, 2021
- Rapporteur notes from all sessions by the end of July 2021
- A final Summit Report and AGRF 2021 Communique by end of August 2021
- Initial Theme draft for AGRF 2022 by end of November 2021
|Date and Time||Events|
|Before or by May 24, 2021||– Session and content development of the AGRF Summit program.|
– Refinement of sessions with AGRF Secretariat and partners.
– In conjunction with the Secretariat, identification and invitation of speakers and moderators for the AGRF Summit.
– Report on the engagement with thematic platforms
|Before or by June 30, 2021||– Produce session briefs and identify key messages and questions for discussion.|
|Before or by July 15, 2021||– Hold session briefing calls for all sessions.|
– Report on the engagement with thematic platforms
|By July 30, 2021||– Manage the delivery of the AGRF Summit program with all moderators, speakers, and event managers.|
– Provide Rapporteurs during the AGRF Summit.
– Conduct a poll survey and survey report.
– Produce session notes/ Rapporteurs Notes
– Preparation and Submission of all presentations, session briefs, and relevant documentation on a shared folder.
|By August 30, 2021||– Draft AGRF Summit Communique |
– Draft Communique that aligns with stakeholder’s contribution and Commitments to Action, in the context of UNFSS
– Draft AGRF Summit technical Report summarizing all outcomes from each session
– Presentations, session briefs, and relevant documentation on a shared folder.
|By September 10, 2021||– Final AGRF technical report – with key outcomes and recommendations from each session |
– Final AGRF Summit Communique
– Final Communique that aligns with stakeholder’s contribution and Commitments to Action, in the context of UNFSS
– Final AGRF Summit technical Report summarizing all outcomes from each session
|By October 30, 2021||– Initial Theme draft for AGRF Summit 2022|
The invited consultant is invited to submit their proposal comprising of the following:
- A maximum of five (5) page proposal on the approach and methodology to carry out the assignment.
- The work-plan for performing the assignment.
- Staffing schedule including task allocation.
- Provide detailed Curriculum Vitae of key personnel
- Summary list of similar assignments carried out in the past five (5) years;
- Registration and other relevant statutory documents.
- Detailed financial proposal as per the template provided – see attached Annex B
Seven months (May – November 2021)
- Experience with virtual events
- Ability to deliver in a francophone language environment
- Strong networks that will support speaker mobilization
- Affinity with African agriculture and, governments and agribusiness developments
- Track record in working with innovative platforms
- Familiarity with the UNFSS themes and milestones
- A maximum of five-page proposal on the approach & methodology for carrying out the assignment (30%)
- The work-plan for performing the assignment (10%)
- Key staff to carry out the assignment (40%)
– Team leader (10%)
– Other key personnel proposed (30%)
- Summary list of similar assignments carried out in the past five (5) years (20%)
Interested and qualified consultants are invited to submit their proposal(s) comprising of the following:
- Company profile and accreditations
- An understanding of the consultancy requirements;
- Methodology and work-plan for performing the assignment and project delivery plan;
- Team composition and tasks assignment, including staff that will engage the Secretariat and stakeholders throughout the assignment and the approach to incorporating temporary staff for delivery during the summit week;
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments.
- Relevant services undertaken in the past three (3) years.
- CVs of Key Personnel
FINANCIAL PROPOSAL must be provided in the prescribed format, ANNEX B, supported with a breakdown analysis and will provide the following information, but is not limited to:
- Professional fees chargeable per day
- All applicable taxes (withholding taxes) should be quoted separately
- The financial proposal shall be inclusive of the applicable withholding taxes. If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, AGRA shall assume that these are inclusive;
- Reimbursable costs if applicable shall be quoted separately.
- Price must be quoted in USD ($)
- The financial proposal shall be submitted separately from the technical proposal and should be password protected.
- The proposals and sample case studies SHALL be submitted to email@example.com by deadline indicated in the synopsis
- The proposal and ALL Attachments submitted via email SHALL NOT exceed 10MB
- VALIDITY of the proposal shall be for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure.
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected. The password shall be requested from the best technically qualified firm