Synopsis of the Request for Expression of Interest (Consultant Firm)
|Solicitation Reference No.||RFP/ 001/AGRF/2021|
|Title of Solicitation||AGRF 2021 EVENT MANAGEMENT|
|Issuing Office & Address||Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Website: www.agra.org|
|Point of contact for clarifications, questions and ammendments||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Email Address for submission of Proposals/ Quotes||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Solicitation Issue Date||January 14th, 2020 East African Time.|
|Deadline for Submission of Proposals||February 4th, 2021 17:00PM, East African Time. Please include the subject line “RFP/ 001/AGRF/2021 EVENT MANAGEMENT” on the email.|
Terms of Reference – Annex A
AGRF Global Events Manager
The African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) is the world’s most important and impactful forum for African agriculture, bringing together stakeholders in the agricultural landscape to take practical actions and share lessons that will move African agriculture forward. The Forum now consists of an annual Summit with thematic platforms having activities throughout the year. The AGRF Summit brings together partners to energize political will and advance the programs, investments, and policies required to counter the major challenges affecting the agriculture sector and achieve an inclusive and sustainable agricultural transformation across the continent. It works explicitly to help African countries and the continent to make continuous progress to achieve the visions set in the Malabo Declaration and related Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP), the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and Africa’s Agenda 2063.
Given the recent developments going on globally with the covid-19 pandemic, there is need to review how the AGRF Summit will be conducted, hence the need to reconfigure it into a virtual summit. This entails using the latest technology platforms in the market to be able to deliver a virtual summit with a physical, hybrid component, in an African country to be determined by mid-February 2021.
Scope of Work
The event manager will be required to deliver the following:
- Overall integrated project management.
- Oversee the production and quality of the AGRF Virtual Summit.
- Develop an integrated and comprehensive work plan to deliver the AGRF Summit 2021
- Mobilize, propose for the Secretariat’s approval and oversee local and global resources to deliver a world-class quality integrated live, virtual or blended event management solution for the AGRF.
- Provide, direct and oversee integrated logistics and quality delivery of the key AGRF proposition, which may include but are not limited to the overall; (i) brand development, activation and delivery of (ii) AGRF Summit, (iii) the Africa Food Prize, (iv) GoGettaz and Pitch Agrihack competitions, (v) an exhibition and/or marketplace, (vi) B2B/Deal Room and (vii) Pop-Up cable TV Channel.
- Serve as liaison between the AGRF Secretariat, local and global service providers and other suppliers directly.
- Ensure appropriate staffing and resources for the execution of the summit.
- Develop, document and archive standard operating procedures, templates, etc for organizing all AGRF Summit-related activities.
- Support the secretariat on the Launch of the AGRF Virtual Summit through preparation of invitation letters to stakeholders, preparation of media advisory, media kits and provision of a primary platform for the launch.
- Manage project meetings, minutes and follow up on key actions and commitments with the Secretariat (weekly and ad hoc as necessary).
- Facilitate logistics required for the execution of the Summit on a Virtual Platform, including but not limited to key local stakeholder engagements (LOC, Government, project and other meetings).
- Provide strategic input into the AGRF Summit 2021 and Communication Strategy to mobilize participation.
The Global Events Manager has responsibility to oversee overall integration, quality and delivery of all service providers and AGRF Summit experience.
|AGRF Virtual Summit Launch||Support the secretariat on the Launch of the AGRF Virtual Summit through: |
– Delegate Management – through strategic planning; preparation of invitation letters to stakeholders; managing media database, registration confirmation and registration management.
– Preparation of media advisory, media kits
– Provision of a primary platform for the launch. – Speaker& Facilitator Briefing
– Communication which includes updating website, managing social media and developing hashtags
– Production of the Launch
– Virtual Interaction; Virtual booths, Live feeds, Networking Lounges
– Ample Sponsorship Opportunity: Sponsor Banner on login Page, Individual Sponsors profiles with categorization, Branded sponsor tables
|Event Website||Refurbish and launch the event website with a content management system (CMS) integrating the event technical platform incorporating the Summit, Programme, Speakers, speaker bio’s, registration, training and coaching tool kits, booking of meetings, live streaming, media resources news & press releases, Content management and upload pre, during and post the event.|
|Webcasting||Coordinate and integrate internet and filming requirements, graphics, introductions, logistics, networking, speaker liaison, scheduling and programming.|
|Delegate Management during the Virtual summit in September||Provide and manage a robust and sustainable delegate management platform integrated into the virtual event platform for a single sign-on experience into the primary and diverse AGRF programs, incorporating calendar management and reports: |
– Provide and set-up logistic and technical requirements for seamlines and integrated online registration process from start to end, pre-registration planning; during event registration; post event reporting (weekly prior to the Summit and daily in the month leading up to the Summit.)
– Database management
– Media application and accreditation
– Waiting-list features
– Pre-registration invite only sessions
– Calendar management
– Reminder emails
– Attendance reporting
– A user experience survey and report post event
|Branding & Signage||– Delegate Journey Mapping Branding|
– Brand Activation Manual
– Photographic and Visual Assets Library
|Staffing||Provide, train and manage knowledgeable staff and tools to deliver an integrated virtual event, including but not limited to: |
– Production Scripting
– Show Calling
– 3-D Design and Branding
– Technical Support
Provide a comprehensive Resources and Responsibility Matrix outlining the event organisational structure, roles, ways of working and reporting lines.
|DSTV Pop-Up Channel and/or Broadcasting Studio||Integrate with AGRF TV |
– Playout solution: packaging and delivering the channel content to DSTV for broadcast
– Content packaging and scheduling: final packaging and scheduling of channel content for broadcasting
– Content look & feel: what is the project look and the feel, design and imaging, social media alignment, mobile channel strategy
– Post-production and content pre-packaging solution
– Live streaming of daily event content on pop-up channel
– Packaging of surplus live stream content into playlists ready for broadcast
– Aggregation and curation of pre-packaged content into playlists ready for broadcast
– Integrated channel and Social Media promotion strategy and on-air promotions
– Overall pop-up channel project management pre, during and postproduction.
Duration of the assignment
A one-year renewable contract up to a maximum of three years will be signed with the successful firm. Annual contract renewals will be subject to availability of funding and performance.
Eligibility criteria and requirements
AGRA now invites eligible consultants (firms) to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services including description of similar assignments carried out, experience in similar conditions, general qualifications of key staff, and so forth). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. A maximum of six (6) qualified firms shall be shortlisted to provide detailed technical and financial proposals.
The expression of interest shall not exceed 20 pages.
Documents to be submitted
Interested firms shall provide specific information as indicated below:
- Bidders must provide their company profile including a description of management/organization structure;
- Provide a Certificate of Registration/Incorporation;
- A copy of the latest audited financial statements for the financial year 2019 or later to demonstrate a positive cash and cash equivalent position at the end of the year;
- List and description of similar assignments carried out including the list of clients;
- Provide a summary profile of the key staff relevant to the assignment;
- Firms that bid jointly should submit a joint venture agreement between the parties, with the roles of each party clearly defined. (Not more than one consortium agreement of the same firms will be accepted).
Only those companies, that will meet the eligibility criteria, will be pre-qualified to proceed to request for proposal stage
The Consulting firm shall submit the following documents to establish its eligibility to be considered for technical evaluation. Failure to submit any of the listed documents shall lead to automatic disqualification at this preliminary examination stage.
|1.||Copy of certificate of registration or incorporation from Registrar of Companies||Pass/Fail|
|2.||Completeness of expression of interest||Pass/Fail|
|3.||A copy of the latest audited financial statements for the financial year 2019 or later to demonstrate a positive cash and cash equivalent position at the end of the year||Pass/Fail|
Technical Evaluation Criteria
The consulting firm that pass the preliminary examination stage, shall be assessed using the following evaluation criteria. The best six (6) firms above 75% shall be shortlisted to provide a detailed technical and financial proposal. Below is the evaluation criteria that shall be used:
|No||Requirement- CRITERIA||Score (%)|
|1.||Company profile including a description of management/organization structure||20%|
|2.||List and description of similar assignments carried out including the list of clients||40%|
|3.||Summary profile of the key staff relevant to the assignment||40%|
Clarification of Expression of Interest
The interested parties may request for clarifications on this expression of interest up to seven (7) days before the EOI submission date. Any request for clarification must be sent in writing by electronic mail to email@example.com
Submission of SUBMISSION OF THE EOI
All interested eligible companies are requested to submit their expressions of interest by close of business on 4th February 2021 at 1700 Hours East Africa Time (GMT +3) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.