Synopsis of the Request for Proposal (Consultant Firm)
|Solicitation Reference No.||RFQ/HR&ADMIN/2020|
|Title of Solicitation||PROVISION OF OFFICE CATERING SERVICES|
|Issuing Office & Address||Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Website: www.agra.org|
|Point of contact for clarifications, questions and ammendments||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Email Address for submission of Proposals/ Quotes||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Solicitation Issue Date||March 23, 2020 Local, East African Time.|
|Deadline for submission questions and clarifications||March 27, 2020 12:00 PM, East African Time.|
|Deadline for Answering questions and clarifications and Bidders Conference||March 31, 2020 East African Time|
|Deadline for Submission of Proposals||April 3, 2020 12:00 PM, East African Time. Please include the subject line “RFQ/HR&ADMIN/2020” of the email|
|Anticipated Award Type||FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT, for an initial period of one year renewable annualy upto two years subject to availabily of funds and satisfactory performance (Overall 3 Year Engagement Period).|
|Submission and Evaluation Criteria||Bidder Must provide the below listed information Mandatory Eligibility Requirement Evaluation Criteria Weightage NB. Only bidders who score above 75% of the technical score will be appraised for financial review.|
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)- Annex A
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is a not-for-profit organization formed in 2006 to work with African governments, farmers, donors, NGOs and the private sector to reduce hunger and poverty in Africa through agricultural development targeted at resource poor farmers. AGRA has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya with offices in 11 other priority countries where it has active grants.
AGRA is an alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent. We understand that African farmers need uniquely African solutions designed to meet their specific environmental and agricultural needs so they can sustainably boost production and gain access to rapidly growing agriculture markets. AGRA has over 130 employees stationed in the head office at West End Towers, 4th floor, Nairobi and another 50+ employees in 10 other countries.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Provision for outsourced catering services to AGRA Nairobi Office, Located in West End Towers 4th Floor Off Muthangari Drive.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The catering service provider is expected to serve AGRA on a demand basis on a variety foods and beverages for lunch, coffee breaks and snacks as stated below;
- Serving for lunch will be served as buffet with a variety of at least 3 starches, 3 proteins, 2 vegetable and a desert & soft drink or as instructed.
- Serving for coffee break will be served with at least three different types of snacks and beverages
- Provision of catering equipment & furniture (e.g tables, seats, cutlery)
The catering provider is expected to deliver the above-mentioned catering service on adhoc basis upon request in the form of Purchase Order (PO) for in house requirement or outside AGRA as requested.
- TIME SCHEDULE
This is a flexible assignment and order will be issued to the firm on need basis in ample time
- OUTPUT AND DELIVERABLES
Outsourced catering services
- CONTRACT TYPE
The type of the contract is Fixed Unit Rate framework contract for catering services rendered. Annual contracts will be signed with the selected provider. The contracts will be renewable on an annual basis subject to performance.
Payment will be made after delivery of service against approved issued orders
- APPLICATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
During preparation of the proposal, you must give particular attention to the following:
TECHNICAL PROPOSAL must provide the following information, but is not limited to:
|Evaluation Criteria||Sub criteria/Description|
|Mandatory Eligibility Requirement||Certificate of Incorporation/RegistrationValid TAX Compliance certificatesCertificate of health inoculations & compliance/ Clearance certificate from OSHAThree current Reference Letters from existing corporate clientsRelevant catering qualifications|
|Company Profile||Company Profile, highlighting the organogram of leadership, equipment and core competence|
|Past Performance of the Firm (25%)||Company prior work experience in undertaking similar engagements; Provide list of clients and at least three reference letters of assignments of similar nature conducted in the last three years|
|Organization Qualification (25%);||Catering accreditations/ Health and safety ratings; Equipment, Kitchen Proposed standard/ sample MENU Inspection of the company will be conducted if required|
|Key Personnel (30%)||The proposed individual/staff team to be deployed for the assignment, the tasks which are proposed to be assigned to each team member, and the allocation of time to each team member; At minimum the proposed required Key Personnel are; ChefCatering PersonnelDedicated Contact Person Curriculum vitae and certificates for proposed key staff must be attached.|
|Proposed Standard Menu (20%)||That meets the specification as per the quoted amount.|
Technically qualified and selected bidder might be required to do a mock catering at AGRA office,
- SUBMISSION OF QUOTATIONS
- The quotations shall be submitted to email@example.com
- The quotation should not exceed 10MB; and
- The price quotation shall be password protected. The password shall be requested after the deadline for submission of proposals.
- PRICES to be quoted in local currency in US Dollars inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- PAYMENT for your invoice will be made 100% against delivery documents.
- DELIVERY SCHEDULE as per issued order
- VALIDITY of your quotation should be for a period of 60 days from the date of tender closure
- COLLUSIVE BEHAVIOUR
Any Bidder who:
- Fixes or adjusts the amount of its Bid by or in accordance with any agreement or arrangement with any other party; or
- Communicates to any party other than AGRA or, as applicable, the amount or approximate amount of its proposed Bid or information which would enable the amount or approximate amount to be calculated (except where such disclosure is made in confidence in order to obtain quotations necessary for the preparation of the Bid or insurance or any necessary security); or
- Enters into any agreement or arrangement with any other party so that such other party shall refrain from submitting a Bid; or
- Offers or agrees to pay or give or does pay or give any sum or sums of money, inducement or valuable consideration directly or indirectly to any party for doing or having done or causing or having caused to be done in relation to any other Bid or proposed Bid, any act or omission, shall (without prejudice to any other civil remedies available to AGRA and without prejudice to any criminal liability which such conduct by a Bidder may attract) be disqualified.
- AMENDMENTS TO BID DOCUMENTS
At any time prior to the deadline for the receipt of Bids, AGRA may modify the RFQ by amendment. Any such amendment will be numbered and dated and issued by the Authority to all prospective Bidders. In order to give prospective Bidders reasonable time in which to take the amendment into account in preparing their Bids, the Authority may, at its discretion, extend the Deadline for receipt of Bids.
- LATE BIDS
Any Bid received at the designated point after the set deadline for receipt of Bids shall be rejected unless the Bidder can provide irrefutable evidence that the Bid was capable of being received by the due date and time.
- RIGHT TO REJECT/DISQUALIFY
AGRA reserves the right to reject or disqualify a Bidder where
- The Bidder fails to comply fully with the requirements of this Request for Quote or is guilty of a serious misrepresentation in supplying any information required in this RFQ document; and/or
- The Bidder is guilty of serious misrepresentation in relation to its Bid; and/or
- There is a change in identity, control, financial standing or other factor impacting on the selection and/or evaluation process affecting the Bidder.
- RIGHT TO WITHDRAW RFQ AND CHANGE DELIVERY TIMETABLE
AGRA reserves the right to (i) withdraw the RFQ without prior notice (ii) to change this tender timetable at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time, without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party. Further information can be obtained by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please confirm by email the receipt of this invitation and whether or not you will submit your price quotations.
FINANCIAL PROPOSAL must be provided in the prescribed format, RFQ Annex C, supported with proposed Menu
RFQ Annex C
|No||Description||Quantity||Rate in $ USD inclusive of VAT, Catering Levy and all applicable Taxes|
|1||Provision of Lunch: Buffet The proposed menu MUST have at least, 3 Starch3 Proteins2 Vegetables 1 Dessert 1 fresh Juice or soft drink||Per Person|
|2||Provision of Breakroom Refreshers The proposes refreshers MUST have at least Assorted Snack;Bakeries E.g. Croissant, Sausages; fish fingers;||Per person|
|3||Provision of Cocktail Biting The proposed menu MUST have at least 3 Proteins3 Starch e.g. chicken wings, fish fingers, bhajia, French fries, Samosa etc.||Per person|
|4||Provision of Fresh Juice; Assorted||Per Litre|