Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA seeks proposal to undertake a project to design a world-class Website, more interactive, appealing, easy to use and maintain, user-friendly and dynamic platform that clearly communicates the organization’s strategy and allows information exchange between Coalition for African Rice Development (CARD) and its stakeholders.
Interested Firms must have a proven track record in the design & development of websites and must have been in the business for a minimum of three years.
Interested firms must be ready to do at least two presentations.
Interested Firms must submit: –
- The Firm’s company profile, Registration documents etc.
- Detailed past experience in projects of similar magnitude, technical competence and testimonials
- Detailed CVs of Key experts
- A prototype of a designed site on CD, Flash or hosted site (preferred)
- Details of Content Management System proposed for use
- Licensing details, e.g. for databases and other systems required for efficient running of site
- Hosting options
- Project Plan
- Financial proposal
- Maintenance Plan
Key functions of the new website
The major functions for the site will be as follows. The term “manage” refers to the ability of authorised administrators to create, edit, organise or delete an element.
- Manage CMS administrators
- Manage the site structure and menus
- Manage languages and translation settings
- Manage pages and content
- Manage resources and downloadable assets
- Manage news and announcements
- Manage photo galleries
- Manage registered members, and access to members-only pages
- Manage Blogs and forums
- Manage a moderated events calendar
- Manage resources listings
- Add and manage interactive maps
- Embed video from You Tube and other 3rd party content
- Manage email newsletters
- Manage image, document and media libraries within the CMS
- Search functions that include PDF content and other uploaded documents
- Accept online donations. If required, either have your own donate to or via a proxy site
- Manage audio/sound files
- Integration with social networking sites
- RSS feeds
- “Share this” social bookmarking, and “send to a friend” function
- Section on call for proposals perhaps. Here it should be designed in such a way that requisite documents can be uploaded directly onto the website
- Section on Careers where one can upload all required information directly onto website.
- Online Library / Knowledge Management Centre. Here uploads of all generated knowledge, Online Libraries registered, Catalogue of relevant publications and books
- Events: For events, the website should be able to handle all aspects of conferences and meetings that CARD hosts e.g. The African Green Revolution Forum just held should be incorporated within website.
- Search Engines: There should be a number of search engines to choose from. Do not only have Google as a default but include other engines.
- Include the cost of hosting and also domain (transfer from the current provider)
|Consultancy qualifications and experience|
|Understanding the task as explained in the TOR||15|
|Relevant academic qualification||5|
|At least 3 years of successful working experience in Website development.||5|
|Evidence of past experience in projects of similar magnitude, technical competence and testimonials||5|
|User interface designer||10|
|Details of Content Management System proposed for use||10|
|Excellent written and comprehension command in English||10|
|Total Technical scores||100|
Clarifications may be requested no later than 2days prior to the submission deadline to AGRAProcurementClarifications@agra.org Responses to questions raised shall be shared with all shortlisted the Consultants.
The Consultant will report to the General Coordinator- CARD Secretariat.
Submission of proposal
- Brief technical proposal, detailed CV and a separate financial proposal must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday October 2, 2019 at 17.00 hours East Africa Time.
- The subject of the email MUST read “proposal for Website Design” AGRA shall not be liable for not opening proposal that are submitted with a different subject
- Technical and financial proposal will be submitted a separate documents. Financial proposal will not be opened until the conclusion of the technical evaluation and then only for those proposals that are deemed qualified and responsive. Note that the financial proposals should include applicable taxes.
- Neither technical nor Financial should exceed 10 MB
- The financial proposal MUST be password protected. The password shall be requested from individuals that meet the minimum technical score of 75%
- The financial proposal shall include ALL APPLICABLE TAXES quoted separately. If taxes are not mentioned in the financial proposal, AGRA shall consider that they are included in the prices provided
AGRA reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, numbers of participants, the right to withdraw from the proposal process, the right to change this timetable at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party