Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA is rolling out a new 5-year strategy to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
As part of its cooperation framework agreement with the Government of Ethiopia and the AGRA Ethiopia Country Program, AGRA seeks to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock in effectively implementing the flagship Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP). AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to be seconded to the Ethiopian Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock for an initial one-year period renewable up to a maximum of three years based on performance.
The services include:
- Lead the mid-term evaluation of the Growth and Transformation Program (GTP) II and writing of the evaluation report.
- Develop recommendations for program adjustment based on the findings of the mid-term review and follow up action
- Develop an effective M&E framework with trackable performance measures for monitoring the performance of the GTP II implementation for the reminder of the GTP II implementation
- Conduct regular monitoring of the program and identify key bottlenecks for the program implementation and follow up decision making with the relevant authorities
- Lead the final evaluation of GTP II at the end of the program
- Contribute to the design of GTP III.
- Build the capacity of the PPD through training, coaching and mentoring
AGRA now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services including detailed Curriculum vitae and certified academic certificates. AGRA will request for a financial proposal and negotiate with the best candidate.
The detailed terms of references can be found here
Interested individual consultants may obtain further information at the email address provided below.
Expressions of interest must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 19th July 2018 at 2359 Hours East Africa Time (GMT +3).