Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA is rolling out a new 5-year strategy to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
As part of its cooperation framework agreement with the Government of Ethiopia and the AGRA Ethiopia Country Program, AGRA seeks to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock in effectively implementing the flagship Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP). AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Senior Policy Advisor (SPA) to be seconded to the Ethiopian Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock to provide policy and advisory to support the Ministry for an initial one year period renewable up to a maximum of three years based on performance.
The services include
- Serve as a senior technical expert on general agriculture issues, extension services, markets, trade, and agriculture policy reform issues to the State Minister.
- Provide strategic, policy, technical, and managerial support, and mentor junior professionals.
- Prepare briefing notes high level talking points to the minister and prepare the Minister for high level meetings
- Advise the Minister and other officials of the Ministry regarding agriculture policy, extension, and research development, strategic planning, technical direction, activity design, budgeting, and managing for results.
- Provide expert analysis and concise information regarding trade, investment, and agriculture sector development policies.
- Actively support the formulation of general agriculture issues, agro-education/extension services, trade, and agriculture policy related polices and projects that support accelerated and sustainable growth of the Ethiopian economy.
- Establish, maintain and manage sensitive high level relationships with Federal and Regional government entities, multilateral and bilateral development partners
AGRA now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services including detailed Curriculum vitae and certified academic certificates. AGRA will request for a financial proposal and negotiate with the best candidate.
The detailed terms of references can be found here
Interested individual consultants may obtain further information at the email address provided below.
Expressions of interest must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 19th July 2018 at 2359 Hours East Africa Time (GMT +3).