Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA is rolling out a new 5-year strategy to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
As part of its cooperation framework agreement with the Government of Ethiopia and the AGRA Ethiopia Country Program, AGRA seeks to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock in effectively implementing the flagship Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP). AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of ICT Professional to be seconded to the Ethiopian Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock to provide to operation and management of ICT system support the Ministry for an initial one year period renewable up to a maximum of three years based on performance.
The services include:
- Compliance with the Ministry’s information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Provision of inputs to development of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT.
- Participation in the office business process re-engineering activities and ensures that business needs drive IT solutions related to organizational resource management.
- Development and update of the ICT annual work plan and reporting.
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment for the office, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets.
- Work closely with M&E Officer in implementing online reporting and tracking of GTP and other transformation agenda deliverables
AGRA now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, general qualifications of key staff, and so forth). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. A maximum of six (6) qualified consultants shall be shortlisted to provide detailed technical and financial proposals.
The expression of interest shall not exceed 30 pages. The detailed terms of references can be found here
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email address provided below.
Expressions of interest must be sent to: email@example.com by Thursday 19th July 2018 at 2359 Hours East Africa Time (GMT +3).
This document should be limited to 1 or 2 pages maximum, the rest of the content should be left in the ToRs which should be placed on AGRA website for reference purposes when the request for expressions of interest has been advertised.