Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is investing in Rwanda (2017 -2021) to support the development of transformational cropping systems, with the aim to support increased agriculture transformation and growth in Rwanda by contributing to the development of a productive, green and market-led agricultural sector. Within the “Partnership for Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa (PIATA)”, AGRA is investing in the Tera Imbuto Nziza (“Plant Good Seeds”) program, to support the strengthening of the Seed System.
To support the implementation of Tera Imbuto Nziza, AGRA is seeking potential implementing partners (IPs), to manage the necessary sub-awards, to deliver in five work package (in whole or part), as listed below:
WP1: Enhance coordination of seed value chain to ensure timely delivery of targets for annual seed production at all stages
WP2: Increase the Production of EGS and Certified Seed of Improved varieties
WP3: Increase Adoption, Access and Utilization of Quality Seed of Improved varieties
WP4: Enhance Gender Equity in the Seed Systems
WP5: Operationalize Policies that Regulate the Seed Sector
AGRA invites submission of applications from interested and qualified organizations. Priority will be given to applications that demonstrate strategic collaboration across the Seed System approach of each target crop. Interested Applicants are requested to read the following documents, which can be downloaded here.
- The full Request For Applications (RFA).
- The full description of the Tera Imbuto Nziza (“Plant Good Seeds”) program.
- The grant proposal guidelines.
- The financial proposal (budget) template.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling bases as per timelines below:
|Deadline for Receipt of Questions||
By Wednesday August 08,2018
|Deadline for Responding to the questions ( for AGRA)||
By Friday August 10, 2018
|Grantee (Bidders) Conference||Tuesday August 14,2018|
|1st Deadline for Receipt of Applications||Monday, August 20, 2018 before 11.59pm, Central Africa Time (CAT).|
|2nd Deadline for Receipt of Applications||Monday, August 27, 2018 before 11.59pm, Central Africa Time (CAT).|
|3rd Deadline for Receipt of Applications||Monday, September 03, 2018 before 11.59pm, Central Africa Time (CAT).|
|Final Deadline for Receipt of Applications||Monday, September 03 before 11.59pm, Central Africa Time (CAT).|
Organizations contemplating submission of applications in response to this request for applications (RFA) must determine whether they meet the following requirements to be eligible for AGRA financial assistance:
- Five (5) years of demonstrable organizations working experience in either one or a combination of the following; (a) seed systems in any of the following value chains of crops; hybrid maize, beans, soybean and Irish potato (b) Utilization of Improved Seeds (c) Operational Capacity of the Domestic Seed Market System, (d) Operationalize Policies that Regulate the Seed Sector
- Demonstrable grasp of seed systems issues in Rwanda
- Demonstrable working experience in programs supporting women and youth as stakeholders in implementation activities.
- A team with experience in seed systems development in any of the following value chains of crops; maize, beans, soybean, Irish Potato
- The organization should hold a valid company registration in Rwanda
- Provide evidence of existing relationships working with the seed sector actors in Rwanda
- Provide CV’s of key staff proposed for this assignment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit via email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, all the application documents as listed on the full RFA. Adhere to the rolling deadlines specified above.