Program Assistant, Resource Mobilization and Communications, Nairobi, Kenya Job Reference: PA/11/2018
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA is rolling out a 5-year strategy to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers in 11 countries (Burkina Faso, Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda). Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and while putting government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support this transformation, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the position of Program Assistant, Resource Mobilization and Communications
This position is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to the Resource Mobilization and Communications functions.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Units with scheduling of meetings both internal and external including securing appropriate venues
- Routinely monitors the Units’ shared communications resources and assets including email accounts and WhatsApp groups and liaises with relevant colleagues for timely responses.
- Makes travel arrangements for team members and ensures timely and accurate submission of TECs.
- Proactively manages Units staff timesheets in the system
- Supports the contracting of service providers and maintains a tracker of all contracts providing regular updates on their status and expenditure.
- Handles the distribution of AGRA corporate products to key AGRA contacts both electronically and physically
- Follows up with the Procurement and Finance Units on relevant invoices and ensures timely payments
- Supports the development of a corporate calendar and follows up with colleagues across the institution to update it.
- Maintains up-to-date travel and leave plans for the Units
- Facilitates the translation of institution-wide documents submitted to the Unit into necessary languages.
- Conducts daily media monitoring and shares the daily reports with the communications team and compiles weekly reports for sharing with AGRA staff
- Maintains an up-to-date distribution list of key collaterals shared both internally and externally
- Ensures relevant and current corporate material are displayed on the provided display cabinets and on electronic platforms at HQ
- Manning of AGRA booths and exhibition stands as appropriate
- Maintains a database of contacts (address and telephone numbers of institutions that the unit deals with and any other relevant information).
- Organizing events making all arrangements including logistics, invitations, follow up, obtaining presentation, liaising with service providers and post-event follow up including thank you letters.
- Organizes all in-house Units meetings, documents action points and shares them with teams for follow up.
- Represents the Units in relevant meetings/workshops and writes a report.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- First degree in Business, Management, Economics, Marketing or any business related area.
- At least 3 years’ experience in program administration in a fast paced environment
- Computer proficiency in: Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet search skills, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new applications quickly desirable.
- Ability to work independently in a diverse environment.
- Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach.
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Commitment to AGRA’s mission and core values.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with this position’s responsibility will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, email, and telephone contacts and quoting the reference number for the position you are applying for on the application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail. To be considered, applications must be received by 17th December, 2018.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer