Job Reference: PA/ME/02/2022
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. Under its current strategy, AGRA continues to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support the successful delivery, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Program Assistant.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
At AGRA we believe Agriculture is the single greatest opportunity to deliver inclusive economic growth, jobs, and health to the African continent. An alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent combined with an inclusive and diverse workforce from 24 nationalities. Our values of (I-RISE; Integrity, Respect, Innovation, Stewardship and Equity.) espouse our commitment to a call to action to go beyond ourselves as we arise and transform Africa’s Agriculture.
When you join us, we present you with intellectually stimulating assignments and structured career advancement with a commitment to have a healthy ratio of open positions filled internally through promotions and transfers. This is after setting you up for success with a World Class Onboarding for new hires where a bespoke induction trains on all aspects of the role that you will need to succeed. You will gain a full understanding of our lofty ambitions to transform African agriculture, and how you can contribute to an amazing employee experience.
An attractive remuneration package benchmarked at the 67Th Percentile of the Market with fabulous benefits such as pension, medical aid, life assurance and provision of tools of trade that allow you to work productively anywhere, which are commensurate with this position’s responsibility, scope and impact.
We are looking for people who are passionate about Africa, curious and collaborative to join our innovative, growing, and multidisciplinary team.
|The ideal candidate will assist the Head of M&E/KM, M&E Officers and KM Program Officer in coordinating all procurement tasks within the unit, support the development and advertisement of Terms of Reference (TORs), Request for Proposals (RFP) and proposals for Unit consultants, goods and services. The Program Assistant will also assist the M&E/KM team with regard to internal and external communications to ensure the running of a cohesive, coherent program, and provide regular updates on the team’s status through reports or meetings. S/He will also perform other technical M&E roles together with the unit including Data Quality Assessments, grantees’ capacity building etc.|
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation of Data Quality Assessments for AGRA grantees.
- Schedule, coordinate and support training of grantees in the M&E Information system (AMIS) and other M&E aspects.
- Support Country Joint review meetings in reviewing of grantees’ progress on deliverables, providing feedback and supporting reviewing of reports.
- Support the KM Program Officer in the implementation of the AGRA Knowledge Management system/portal and Learning events, including webinars and brown bags.
- Support in the development, reviews and implementation of M&E data collection tools.
- Coordinate the unit’s implementation and follow-up of the Team Central Audit system recommendations.
- Together with the Head of M&E/KM and the KM Officer, promote knowledge sharing activities in the organization.
- Support capacity building of KM champions in implementation of the KM portal.
- Facilitate exchange of knowledge within the organization while closely working with other Units including ICT and Communications to disseminate widely.
- Coordinate development of the Unit annual workplan and procurement plan for the Unit Head’s review.
- Undertake contracting process for M&E Unit assignments and consultancies in AGRA CLMS and supports monitoring of their delivery and payment schedules.
- Organize in-house Unit meetings, record deliberations in the meetings, and disseminate and follow up meeting actions to enhance information flow.
- Manages the Unit repository of all key documents and reports and supports the sharing of the documents internally as well as with partners and stakeholders.
- Processes all program administrative actions i.e. consultancies, travel grants and other contracts, visa applications, timely dispatching unit mails, communication within the unit, vendor payments and ensures that departmental travels are organized as per AGRA’s Travel Policy.
- Provides support to unit consultants / partners and visitors by providing all necessary information, organize meetings and logistics such as accommodation, travel as well as organize appointments with AGRA staff where necessary.
- Coordinates unit logistics related to conferences and workshops across countries for the Unit.
- Organize and sometimes participate in field monitoring missions together with the M&E/KM team.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or social sciences, a master’s degree is an added advantage
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with a range of software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Fluency in English required; ability to communicate in French will be considered an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Program /M&E management/support functions.
- Experience managing complex initiatives with proven ability to develop high impact partnerships.
- Good working knowledge of not-for-profit organizations.
- Experience in working with similar organizations or institutions will be an added advantage.
- Strong ability to influence positively both upwards and downwards across cultures and countries
- Analytical, data mining ability
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to email@example.com noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 1st March 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer