Job Reference: LA/HRA/02/2022
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. Under its current strategy, AGRA continues to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support the successful delivery, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Logistics Assistant.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
At AGRA we believe Agriculture is the single greatest opportunity to deliver inclusive economic growth, jobs, and health to the African continent. An alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent combined with an inclusive and diverse workforce from 24 nationalities. Our values of (I-RISE; Integrity, Respect, Innovation, Stewardship and Equity.) espouse our commitment to a call to action to go beyond ourselves as we arise and transform Africa’s Agriculture.
When you join us, we present you with intellectually stimulating assignments and structured career advancement with a commitment to have a healthy ratio of open positions filled internally through promotions and transfers. This is after setting you up for success with a World Class Onboarding for new hires where a bespoke induction trains on all aspects of the role that you will need to succeed. You will gain a full understanding of our lofty ambitions to transform African agriculture, and how you can contribute to an amazing employee experience.
An attractive remuneration package benchmarked at the 67Th Percentile of the Market with fabulous benefits such as pension, medical aid, life assurance and provision of tools of trade that allow you to work productively anywhere, which are commensurate with this position’s responsibility, scope and impact.
We are looking for people who are passionate about Africa, curious and collaborative to join our innovative, growing, and multidisciplinary team.
|The Logistics Assistant will be responsible for providing driving and chauffeur duties to assigned staff and guests of AGRA. The ideal candidate will ensure highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. S/He also will be expected to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact, and ability to work with different nationals and cultural backgrounds while coordinating the movement of personnel and deliveries and oversees the maintenance of AGRA office vehicles.|
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering vehicles for servicing /repairs and checking that they are in satisfactory condition.
- Repairing vehicles when they have minor break downs and delivering them to the garage for repairs.
- Ensuring validity of motor vehicle insurance including making arrangements for insurance valuation.
- Maintaining a register for monitoring and maintenance of vehicles.
- Documenting in the vehicle movement logbook and summarize information into a monthly report on movement of vehicles and fuel consumption.
- Coordinating the movement of personnel and office deliveries.
- Coordinating the UN fuel account.
- Relaying information concerning security of roads, routes and sites to be visited.
- Ensure enforcement of AGRA vehicle policy.
- Transport staff to various destinations as per schedule.
- Transport AGRA visitors to upcountry on official visits.
- Collecting and delivering mails at the Post Office and other offices.
- Delivering letters and cheques to the grantees, reviewers, suppliers/service providers as and when required.
- Collecting cash, bank statements and bankers’ cheques from the bank when required.
- Deposits and collects cheques from the bank and perform any other banking work as may be required.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- Minimum O-level certificate or similar level.
- Minimum 5 years’ accident-free driving experience preferably in an international organization.
- Clean driving license and good track record.
- Good command of the English language.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, and email software.
- High level of integrity.
- Positive attitude, courteous and strong service orientation
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to email@example.com noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 1st March 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer