Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
The AGRA Rwanda office is working to support the Ministry of Agriculture and animal resources with establishing the seed system, rolling out the seed law and running the USAID funded “Tera Imbuto Nziza” program. Our key areas of focus include: 1) Policy and State capability 2) Systems (Seeds, Fertilizer, Extension, Inclusive finance and Markets) 3) creating Partnerships with the private sector. The Rwanda country team is working on creating a database for farmers reached and other benefices of AGRA supported projects. They will be conducting a quality assessment for our implementing partners activities. We are therefore looking for an energetic, motivated and diligent intern with exceptional writing, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to manage own workload independently, multitask and prioritize effectively.
This internship will be based in Kigali, Rwanda and is only open to Rwanda Nationals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The intern will work under the guidance of the country team and report to the program coordinator. The intern has a primary responsibility to assist in managing administrative and technical aspects of assigned tasks from the country team. Specific duties include but not be limited to:
- Assist with the aspects of program activities including data collection and data entry, monitoring and evaluation of grantee activities.
- Provide assistance to ensure projects are implementing approved activities.
- Assist in reviewing and editing information in the appropriate format as required.
- Assist with maintaining, logging, filing and updating records in the prescribed format for subsequent use.
- Support with the preparation of Seed systems related knowledge products such as technical reports, background papers, working papers, Monitoring & Evaluation reports, newsletters, blogs, and proceedings of meetings.
- Assist the Country team in the coordination of Alliance for a Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) deal room activities
- Assist with the organization of meetings and workshops.
- Assist with any other project management related tasks upon request from the team.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree/ MBA in project management, agriculture (and/or science, forestry) or any other related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proven experience in writing of quality technical reports will be an added advantage.
- No work experience required but a demonstration of experience in extra-curricular or non-academic activities of value will be an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and well-developed computer skills. Ability to effectively use information systems and databases to insert and retrieve data, make enquiries and edit results.
- Exceptional interpersonal and Teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of English is required.
- Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
Terms of Employment
This is an internship position based in Kigali, Rwanda. The initial contract will be for a period of four (4) months and the successful candidate will receive a monthly stipend during this period.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 16th October, 2020.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer