Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
Under its 5-year strategy, AGRA looks to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
AGRA is seeking to recruit a Procurement Intern in the Procurement Unit.The internship will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and is only open to Kenyan Nationals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the internship program the intern will:
- File, maintain and archive of documents and procurement records.
- Log in new requests in the procurement tracker and keep updating it on a daily basis.
- Monitor the dedicated procurement mailbox on a daily basis, screens correspondence, draft and reply to requests for non-technical information, prepare acknowledgements and initial responses; compose correspondence for signature by the Head of Procurement, assemble and summarize information necessary for preparing a reply.
- Assist in the managing of the day-to-day operational and administrative activities as directed by organizing the flow of work, prioritizing incoming requests and following-up to ensure timely responses.
- Assist in making necessary arrangements for meetings, workshops and conferences including booking rooms, preparing draft agenda and sharing background documentation,
- Perform any other duties allocated by the supervisor(s).
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- A university degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management;
- No work experience required but a demonstration of experience in extra-curricular or non-academic activities of value will be an added advantage;
- Good verbal, written communication and IT skills;
- Able to demonstrate good planning and administrative skills;
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
Terms of Employment
This is an internship position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The initial contract will be for a period of three (3) months and the successful candidate shall receive a monthly stipend during this period.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 18th November 2019.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer