Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
Under its 5-year strategy (2017 – 2021), AGRA looks to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA delivers through an approach that simultaneously fosters systems change and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level. Monitoring, evaluation and Learning is key in providing timely and accurate data and lessons to support evidence-based decision making towards achievement of AGRA strategic objectives. The grant management and monitoring process is fully automated through an online system named AGRA Management Information System (AMIS).
The M&E Intern will play an important role in assisting the M&E Unit reach its objectives in generation of quality reports, knowledge management and promoting evidence based programing. During all steps, the M&E intern will be closely supported by the M&E data analysis team. The M&E team is open to discuss specific focus areas for the internship within the above projects as well as outside to accommodate the intern’s specific qualifications and desired areas of capacity building and learning.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The M&E Intern will work under the guidance of the M&E Team to:
- Collect and file information/data coming from grantees and country teams.
- Critically analyze grantee reports and country reports and escalate identified discrepancies to the relevant M&E team.
- Enter data on Agra Management Information System (AMIS) and ensure its correctness and consistency.
- Generate quality reports and dashboards from the reports available and disseminate them to the team members.
- Conduct data quality assurance on the selected indicators for selected countries and grantees.
- Contribute to various M&E reports including Quarterly reports including but not limited to Annual reports, PIATA Reports, DQA reports, QMR reports.
- Active participation in the design and maintenance of contextualized data collection tools for ongoing and new projects and grantees.
- Contributing to AGRA led research papers, reports and blogs and other leaning products.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- An undergraduate qualification in the field of social science, statistics, economics or any other relevant academic discipline.
- Experience in online data management and storage sites and/or agricultural. entrepreneurship will be an added advantage.
- Any technical certificate in a related discipline (desirable).
- A determined, agile, pragmatic and patient approach to problem solving.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to continually improve technical and analytical competencies
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Ability to embrace AGRA values.
- Ability to prioritize and execute with prudence to achieve AGRA goals.
- Able to work collaboratively within and across teams and to organize time accordingly.
Terms of Employment
This is an internship position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The initial contract will be for a period of three (3) months and the successful candidate shall receive a monthly stipend during this period.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to email@example.com. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 12th March 2020.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer