Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
Under its 5-year strategy (2017 – 2021), AGRA looks to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA delivers through an approach that simultaneously fosters systems change and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level. AGRA is seeking an intern to support the communications program in both internal and external communications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Communications Intern will work under the guidance of the Communications Team to:
- Support the communications team in the implementation of the communications strategy.
- Create content.
- Develop and maintain media database and list.
- Day to day digital campaign monitoring from a content point of view.
- Undertaking basic creative design.
- Contribute both individually and as a team member in meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Undertaking basic web design and updating.
- Research, write, and schedule regular content for AGRA’s websites and social media channels.
- Assist in the preparation of workshops, meetings and other events.
- Update AGRA’s image bank.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- A degree in communications, journalism or related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- No work experience required but a demonstration of experience in extra-curricular or non-academic activities of value will be an added advantage.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience creating content for blogs, websites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Practical knowledge in creative design using different applications.
- Practical knowledge in web design.
- Practical knowledge in videography and photography.
- Understanding of using diverse social media platforms as communications tools
- Experience with WordPress.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
Terms of Employment
This is an internship position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The initial contract will be for a period of three (3) months and the successful candidate shall receive a monthly stipend during this period.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to email@example.com. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 12th March 2020.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer