Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
Under its 5-year strategy, AGRA looks to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
The Interns will be involved in supporting the Knowledge Management (KM) scope of work within the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit of AGRA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the internship program the intern will be involved in:
- Mapping all the programs that have ended and collating all the KM products that have been generated.
- Mapping all the programs coming to an end and ensuring the planned KM products have been generated
- Ensuring that all AGRA existing documents are uploaded on the KM portal under the guidance of the Program Officer KM, following all the requirements and ensuring that all meta- data is included.
- Liaising with the KM champions within the different departments to ensure uploading of all knowledge products generated.
Scope of Work:
- Mapping all the expected KM products.
- Collecting existing AGRA documents from the different Units.
- Uploading all the documents on the KM portal while ensuring all the metadata is included.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- At least a recent master’s degree (obtained in 2019 latest) in agricultural economics, rural development or projects’ management.
- Fluency in English required – Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Some theoretical and practical background in project design, Monitoring & Evaluation.
- High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability and willingness to learn.
- Fully proficient in computer skills.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Conscious of timelines and able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- No work experience required but a demonstration of experience in extra-curricular or non-academic activities of value will be an added advantage.
Terms of Employment
This is an internship position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The initial contract will be for a period of three (3) months and the successful candidate shall receive a monthly stipend during this period.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to email@example.com. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 12th March 2020.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer