Synopsis of the Request for Proposal (Individual Consultant)
|Solicitation Reference No.||RFP–0137-PROC-2020|
|Title of Solicitation||Procurement Support Consultancy|
|Issuing Office & Address||Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Website: www.agra.org|
|Point of contact for clarifications, questions and ammendments||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Email Address for submission of Proposals/ Quotes||AGRA General Procurement, Procurement@agra.org|
|Solicitation Issue Date||March 18, 2020 East African Time.|
|Deadline for submission questions and clarifications||March 24, 2020 12:00PM, East African Time.|
|Deadline for Answering questions and clarifications||March 26, 2020 5:00PM, East African Time.|
|Deadline for Submission of Proposals||April 1, 2020 12:00PM, East African Time. Please include the subject line “RFP-0137-PROC-2020” of the email|
|Anticipated Award Type||CONSULTANCY AGREEMENT|
|Submission and Evaluation Criteria||Bidder Must provide the below listed information Mandatory Eligibility Requirements: Evaluation Criteria: General qualifications (general education and training): [20%]General experience and experience working with similar international organisations: [25%]Adequacy for the Assignment (understanding of the assignment & similar assignments): [50%]Fluency in English and regional (East, South and/or West Africa) experience: [15%] Total weight: 100% NB. The minimum technical score shall be 75%. Only the best candidate shall be engaged for financial negotiations.|
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent. AGRA has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya with offices in 11 other priority countries.
In an effort to ensure efficiency in our procurement processes, AGRA needs services of a procurement consultant to support in prequalification of vendors and procurement of key consultancies/services in 2020.
2. Objective of the assignment:
The main objective of this assignment is to support the Procurement Unit to prequalify vendors and provide technical assistance in preparation of terms of references/specifications and evaluation of proposals of select tenders.
3. Scope of Work
This consultancy assignment will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The consultant is expected to carry out the following activities:
- Prequalification of Vendors
- AGRA advertised for prequalification of vendors for the period 2020 to 2023. We currently have over 500 vendors that have applied online. All the vendor information is summarized in excel and supporting documents have been provided through a dedicated email. The consultant is expected to manage the ongoing prequalification of vendors, carry out due diligence and prepare a prequalification report to be submitted to the procurement committee for review and approval.
- The prequalification exercise will be carried out in phases. The first phase will cover all the vendors that have already applied, and subsequent phases will be carried out on a rolling basis.
- Establish a register of qualified suppliers and consultants and periodically update this register to facilitate advertisements, solicitations and drawing up of shortlists when required.
- Provide feedback to vendors on the outcome of their prequalification applications and any additional information/clarifications required.
- Vendor registration in the e-procurement system
- AGRA has an Oracle based e-procurement system that will be implemented within the month of April 2020. The successful consultant will provide support in review, due diligence/screening and registration of vendors in the e-procurement system.
- General support to the Procurement Unit
- Review and improve automation manuals and support in training of vendors/staff on the use of the new e-procurement system.
- Assist in setting up of alternative methods of identifying potential vendors in addition to advertising on AGRA website.
- Assist to carry out spot procurement audits on AGRA’s high level spends and strategic purchases to assess value for money.
- In consultation with the Head of Procurement, coordinate the preparation of terms of references/technical specifications, using our standard templates and participate in evaluation of bids and preparation of shortlists. The Consultant shall review terms of references and specifications for completeness, consistency and fairness, and if necessary, suggest amendments.
- Coordinate the responses to procurement inquiries and communicate the result of the evaluation processes to the applicants in a timely manner;
- Provide advice and on-the-job training for relevant procurement staff and champions. Training will cover all stages of the procurement cycle and will be based on AGRA procurement policy and procedures;
- Carry out any other relevant activities that may from time to time be assigned by the Head of Procurement as per agreed work plan.
4. Expected Deliverables
The consultant will provide deliverables as per the scope of work, this will include:
- Vendor prequalification reports complying with our policy requirements.
- Reports on vendor due diligence and registration in e-procurement system.
- Reviewed terms of references/solicitation documents and proposal evaluation reports.
- Reports on any other assignment carried out.
5. Timelines and proposed work plan
This assignment is expected to be carried out within a period of 100 days spread over a 9 calendar months period. The consultant is expected to be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will be required to make frequent/weekly visits to AGRA Head Office at West End Towers.
The consultant shall prepare a detailed work plan to be discussed and approved by the Head of Procurement. Time sheets shall be used to support the level of effort on each deliverable. Payment shall be made for each assigned and completed deliverable.
Below is an indicative work plan for bidding purposes.
|Ref||Description of deliverables||Estimated consultancy days|
|Prequalification report for the first phase of approximately 500 vendors||10|
|Ongoing prequalification reports of additional vendors (to be carried out in batches of 50 to 100 applications)||1|
|Management of each tender (review of ToRs/Specifications, evaluation of proposals/due diligence and preparation of reports)||3|
|Ad hoc assignments||To be handled based on an agreed work plan|
6. Reporting arrangements
The consultant shall report to the Head of Procurement who will assign all activities under the contract and approve all deliverables and invoices.
7. Criteria for selection of the Individual Consultant
The consultant shall provide a detailed curriculum vitae and academic certificates. The consultant will be selected based on the following criteria:
- General qualifications (general education and training): [20%]
- Post graduate degree in procurement and supply chain or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of ERP systems and other ICT applications
- Membership of KISM or CIPS
- General experience and experience working with similar international organizations: 25%]
- Over eight years general experience in procurement and with at least three years working with public and donor funded organizations such as INGOs, World Bank, African Development Bank and governments
- At least 1 year working experience as a procurement consultant
- Adequacy for the Assignment (understanding of the assignment and similar assignments): [40%]
- A maximum of two-page executive summary of the understanding of the assignment
- Share list and description of similar assignments carried out as a consultant, including client contact details and dates when the assignment was carried out
- Three reference letters of clients for similar assignments done in the last 3 years
- Fluency in English and regional (East, South and/or West Africa) experience: [15%]
Total weight: 100%
8. Financial Proposal
All bidding consultants shall provide a daily rate and an estimated total financial proposal based on the estimated period for the assignment. AGRA shall only negotiate with the best technically qualified consultant. Consultants should consider the following additional requirements:
- Price must be quoted in US Dollars (USD)
- Consultancy fee should be inclusive of all applicable withholding taxes
- Financial proposal shall be valid for a period of 60 days from the date of bid closure.
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected
9. How to Apply
- Proposals MUST be submitted via email to AGRA General Procurement: Procurement@agra.org on or before the deadline indicated on the synopsis of the RFP
- All bidders must use the RFP reference number “RFP-0137-PROC-2020” in the subject line of the email submission.
- Technical proposal (A maximum two-page executive summary of the understanding of the assignment, CV and supporting mandatory documents) shall be submitted separately from the Financial proposal. Use two separate attachments.
- Neither technical nor financial proposals should exceed 10MB.
- Proposal must be provided in English Language
AGRA reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, number of short-listed participants, the right to withdraw from the proposal process, the right to change this timetable at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time, without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party.