Duration: 1 Year
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent. AGRA has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya with offices in 11 other priority countries.
In an effort to ensure efficiency in our procurement processes, AGRA needs services of a procurement specialist to support the procurement team in processing of procurement files. The procurement process is automated from requisitioning to contracting, the successful candidate shall be familiar with use of ERP systems.
Objective of the assignment
The main objective of this assignment is to provide procurement support including review of terms of references/specifications, preparation of RFPs, coordination of the sourcing process and evaluation of proposals through use of the oracle e-procurement system.
Scope of Work
This consultancy assignment will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The consultant is expected to carry out the following activities:
A. Prequalification of Vendors
- The specialists shall support in an ongoing exercise of prequalifying consultants and suppliers for our offices in Nairobi/Kenya, Accra/Ghana, Mozambique, Tanzania and Rwanda.
- Provide feedback to vendors on the outcome of their prequalification applications and any additional information/clarifications required.
B. Vendor registration in the e-procurement system
- The procurement specialist shall provide support in review of vendor details and registration of vendors in the oracle-based e-procurement system.
C. General support to the Procurement Unit
- In consultation with the Head of Procurement, the specialist shall review terms of references/specifications, preparation of RFPs, coordination of the sourcing process and evaluation of proposals through use of the oracle-based e-procurement system.
- Coordinate the responses to procurement inquiries and communicate the result of the evaluation processes to the applicants in a timely manner.
- Provide advice and on-the-job training for relevant procurement staff and champions. Training will cover all stages of the procurement cycle and will be based on AGRA procurement policy and procedures.
- The specialist shall assist in carrying out due diligence/background checks on consultants/vendors before contracting.
- The procurement specialists shall provide support in coordination of disposal of AGRA assets in all AGRA country offices.
- The specialists shall carry out any other relevant activities that may from time to time be assigned by the Head of Procurement as per agreed work plan.
The specialist will provide weekly and monthly reports of activities carried out as per agreed work plan.
Timelines and proposed work plan
This will be a full-time assignment and will be carried out for a 1-year period. The specialist is expected to be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will be required to work from AGRA Head Office at West End Towers.
The successful candidate shall prepare a detailed work plan to be discussed and approved by the Head of Procurement on a quarterly basis.
The consultant shall report to the Head of Procurement who will assign all activities under the contract and approve all deliverables and invoices.
- A Detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of academic certificate
- A maximum of two-page executive summary of the understanding of the assignment and expected monthly fee
- Contacts of at least three referees
Criteria for selection of the Individual Consultant
Only individuals meeting the below criteria are eligible to bid. The successful candidate shall be a person of high integrity with a track record of high performance. The candidate shall provide a detailed curriculum vitae and academic certificates. The consultant will be selected based on the following criteria:
General qualifications (general education and training): [20%]
- Post graduate degree in procurement and supply chain or equivalent qualification
- Membership of KISM or CIPS
Experience in use of e-procurement systems and other ERP systems: [15%]
- Demonstrate experience in use of e-procurement systems. Knowledge of oracle SCM system will be preferred.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and other ICT applications.
General experience and experience working with similar international organizations: [20%]
- Over eight years general experience in procurement and with at least two years working with public and donor funded organizations such as international Non-Government Organizations, World Bank, African Development Bank and Governments
Adequacy for the Assignment (understanding of the assignment and similar assignments): [35%]
- A maximum of two-page executive summary of the understanding of the assignment
- Share list and description of similar assignments carried out as a procurement specialist, including client contact details and dates when the assignment was carried out
Regional experience (East Africa, South Africa and/or West Africa) and fluency in English: [10%]
Total weight: 100%
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with the required documents (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org noting to quote the consultancy reference number in the subject of your email)
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 7th March, 2021.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer