Location: Accra, Ghana
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. Under its current strategy, AGRA continues to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support the successful delivery, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Finance & Compliance Officer.
The role will be based in Accra, Ghana.
At AGRA we believe Agriculture is the single greatest opportunity to deliver inclusive economic growth, jobs, and health to the African continent. An alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent combined with an inclusive and diverse workforce from 24 nationalities. Our values of (I-RISE; Integrity, Respect, Innovation, Stewardship and Equity.) espouse our commitment to a call to action to go beyond ourselves as we arise and transform Africa’s Agriculture.
When you join us, we present you with intellectually stimulating assignments and structured career advancement with a commitment to have a healthy ratio of open positions filled internally through promotions and transfers. This is after setting you up for success with a World Class Onboarding for new hires where a bespoke induction trains on all aspects of the role that you will need to succeed. You will gain a full understanding of our lofty ambitions to transform African agriculture, and how you can contribute to an amazing employee experience.
An attractive remuneration package benchmarked at the 67Th Percentile of the Market with fabulous benefits such as pension, medical aid, life assurance and provision of tools of trade that allow you to work productively anywhere, which are commensurate with this position’s responsibility, scope and impact.
We are looking for people who are passionate about Africa, curious and collaborative to join our innovative, growing, and multidisciplinary team.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Reporting to the West Africa Regional Head, the Finance and Compliance Officer will perform compliance oversight of USAID regulations, advise the Country manager on issues of timeliness, and seek ways to accelerate processes internally such that deliverables are met, offering insight on potential bottlenecks to delivery. The Finance and Compliance Officer will also be the primary point of contact for grantees with respect to training needs and questions as they concern grant implementation and will further liaise with AGRA executives and AGRA’s internal audit unit to draw attention to specific capacity concerns of sub-grantees in the general area of grant, systems, and policy compliance. In addition, the person will provide finance administrative support to the Country Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the Payroll (including routine update of payroll information, posting and reconciliation
- Allocates Costs in collaboration with management accounting.
- Review the payroll system and the interface with Navision and reconciliation/linking in collaboration with IT (business systems analyst).
- Receipt all timesheets and allocates payroll costs as per timesheets.
- Reconcile staff accounts, generates payroll adjustments, and communicates the same to staff.
- Initiate bank reconciliations and resolves outstanding issues and any detected anomalies.
- Track income including donor receipts due and maintains tracking schedules on pending pledges in collaboration with the program finance team.
- Review travel claims, accountabilities, staff claims in the accounting system and on hard copies (journals and invoices).
- Prepare financial statements and schedules as directed.
- Identify risk and maintains a positive reputation through ethical and pragmatic approaches to compliance in the Ghana office.
- Update and monitors the grant pipeline and assist the country managers on operational issues.
- Address grantees and employee concerns or questions on compliance.
- Check and report concurrence to award terms on financial reports to aid in financial fiduciary.
- Educate staff and grantees by instituting practices that will ensure the highest possible level of compliance.
- Set ways to align internal processes so that the Ghana country office meets professional standards, accepted business practices, donor awards and internal standards.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A fully qualified CPA/CA/ACCA/CIMA certification.
- An MBA in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in accounting, finance, or financial monitoring, or auditing and compliance.
- At least 4 years of experience in international development, including experience in development projects funded by donors.
- At least 3 years prior experience working on USAID funded projects as sub awards/ grants/ finance/ compliance officer.
- Familiar with and experience in working with International Finance Regulations and Reporting Standards and requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of taxation regulation in Ghana and West Africa.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong ability to influence positively both upwards and downwards.
- Deep understanding of the financial environment within which AGRA is operating.
- Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to email@example.com noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 2nd May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer