Driver, Rwanda (Job Reference: Driver-Rwanda/01/2019)
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA is rolling out a new 5-year strategy to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support this transformation from a country perspective, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Driver to support the Kigali office.
The role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
The Driver/Office Assistant has responsibility for carrying out driving and messenger requirements of the Country office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain register for monitoring and maintenance of vehicles.
- Fill out vehicle movement logbook and summarize information into a monthly report on movement of vehicles and fuel consumption. Take vehicles for service/repairs and check that they are in satisfactory condition.
- Assists with repairs when they break down by taking them to the garage if necessary.
- Ensure all vehicles have valid insurance stickers on the windscreen.
- Transport staff to various destinations as per schedule including field visits.
- Transport visitors upcountry during official visits.
- Collects and delivers mail at the Post Office and other offices.
- Delivers letters and cheques to grantees, reviewers, suppliers/service providers when required.
- Collects cash/bank statements/bankers’ cheques from the bank when required.
- Deposits/collects cheques from the bank.
- Any other banking work as required.
Key Qualifications and Experience required:
- Minimum O-level certificate or similar level
- Minimum 5 years’ accident-free driving experience preferably in an international organization
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clean driving license and good track record
- Good command of the English and French language
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, and email software
- High level of integrity
- Positive attitude, courteous and strong service orientation.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job reference number (Job Reference: Driver-Rwanda/01/2019) in the subject line of the application e-mail.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer