Duration: 7 Months
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
Under its 5-year strategy, AGRA looks to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support the successful delivery from a country perspective, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Driver/Logistics Assistant (2).
The roles will be based in Nampula & Chimoio, Mozambique.
The Driver/Logistics Assistant is responsible for providing driving and administrative duties to assigned staff/guests of AGRA. S/he ensures highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol, communications and security issues. The Driver and Administrative Assistant will also demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. S/he monitors the movement of personnel and deliveries, and also oversees the maintenance of AGRA office vehicles. S/he assists in delivering a quality service through translation, logistics support, and team assistance as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating the movement of personnel and office deliveries.
- Relaying information concerning security of road routes and sites to be visited.
- Transporting staff to various destinations as per schedule.
- Airport collection of visitors, pickup and drop off, as directed.
- Transporting visitors upcountry during official visits.
- Collecting and delivering mail at the Post Office and other offices.
- Registering, delivering letters and cheques to grantees, reviewers, suppliers/service providers when required.
- Assisting the team to deliver purchase orders, conduct petty cash purchases for minor office expenditure.
- Collecting cash/bank statements/bankers’ cheques from the bank when required.
- Deposits/collects cheques from the bank.
- Delivering vehicles for servicing /repairs and check that they are in satisfactory condition.
- Repairing vehicles when they have minor break downs and delivering them to the garage for major repairs.
- Places valid insurance stickers on the windscreen of the vehicles.
- Maintaining register for monitoring and maintenance of vehicles.
- Documenting the vehicle movement logbook and summarizing information into a monthly report on movement of vehicles and fuel consumption.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ accident-free driving experience preferably in an international organization;
- Minimum O-level certificate or similar level;
- Clean driving license and good track record;
- Good command of English language and Portuguese;
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, and email software;
- High level of integrity;
- Positive attitude, courteous and strong service orientation.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with this position’s responsibility will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to email@example.com noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 16th October, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer