The Agribusiness Deal Room will provide companies in the agriculture and agribusiness sectors with access to finance, mentorship, and market entry solutions to support their growth objectives. It will achieve these through a combination of project preparation, pipeline development, project bankability, investment promotion, and enabling policy environment.
Business Selection Criteria
Businesses for the Agribusiness Deal Room at the AGRF will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Sector: Agribusinesses with a clear link to smallholder farmers. This could include, but is not limited to, companies involved in the provision of inputs, primary production, enabling (e.g., agriculture logistics, aggregation platforms, irrigation, cold storage, financial services), value addition, digital platforms etc.
- Country: The enterprise must be directly active within the African continent or be planning to expand into the region in the next 12-18 months.
- Stage of business: Post-revenue/proof of concept with a product in the market and an existing customer base. The enterprise must have plans to scale operations in the next 12-24 months. Enterprises must have a clear business model and must also be looking for financing (e.g., debt, equity financing, etc.)
Other Criteria to be Considered
- Youth development: Does the enterprise support youth development and employment opportunities?
- Gender inclusion: Is the enterprise female-owned and/or managed? How does the project promote gender inclusion and employment?
- Environmental impact: Does the enterprise promote a healthy agricultural landscape?
- Smallholder impact: How does the enterprise promote sustainably improved production systems, increased food security, diversified economic opportunities, effective financial services, and social protection systems for smallholders?
- Collaboration: Does the enterprise have potential or existing collaboration partnerships with the private sector or NGO partners?
- Inclusive growth: Does the enterprise enhance inclusive growth through community buy-in/engagement?
- Technology acquisition: Does the enterprise propel the acquisition and transfer of technology to the region?
- Opportunities for follow-on financing and replication: How will the enterprise use its investment, and are there opportunities for additional funding?
If you meet the above criteria, please click here to download your profile submission template. Given the limited number of slots available, applications will be on a first-come, first-served basis and only SMEs that submit fully completed profiles will be considered for participation. Once you have completed your profile using the excel template provided, please email it to email@example.com for consideration.
AGRA Value Proposition
Access to AGRA’s virtual agribusiness Deal Room will provide the following benefits:
- Allow businesses to network with investors in the agriculture ecosystem in Africa.
- Provide links to webinars and resources to support companies in the fundraising process.
- Enable businesses to connect, explore partnership opportunities, and share learnings with other businesses across the continent.
- Connect with anchor buyers (e.g., beverage companies, aggregators, etc.) and explore sourcing opportunities.
- Provide an opportunity for businesses to connect and virtually engage with ag ecosystem stakeholders and government stakeholders.
- After the AGRF, businesses will be provided with follow-on monitoring and could potentially benefit from business advisory support.
Download AGRF 2021 Dealroom SME call for submissions: