The African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) is considered the world’s most important and impactful forum for African agriculture, bringing together stakeholders in the agricultural landscape to take practical actions and share lessons that will move African agriculture forward. The Forum, which now consists of an annual Summit and many thematic platforms and activities through the year, brings together partners to energize political will and advance the programs, investments, and policies required to counter the major challenges affecting the agriculture sector and achieve an inclusive and sustainable agricultural transformation across the continent. It works explicitly to help African countries and the continent to make continuous progress to achieve the visions set in the Malabo Declaration and related Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP), the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and Africa’s Agenda 2063.
The AGRF Partners Group is made up of a coalition of leading actors in African agriculture all focused on putting farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economies. Partners currently include the 23 institutions and is continuously growing. The AGRF Secretariat is hosted by AGRA on behalf of partners; itself an African-led institution that works in 11 countries across the continent. The Government of Rwanda serves as a long-term host of the forum, championing its agenda throughout the year and hosting the annual Summit in all even years, i.e. 2020, 2022 and 2024.
- Objective of the assignment
The main objective of this consultancy is to support the upcoming AGRF Summit 2020 in Kigali, Rwanda with respect to Program Planning and Management, Content Development, and Facilitation Services.
- Scope of Work
The consultancy will include but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Support the AGRF Secretariat to design and develop the overall agenda for the AGRF Summit, infusing the latest cutting-edge content from around the continent and the world as well as priorities of AGRF Partners
- Identify and provide technical support to session leads, and resource persons identified for an expected 40-50 sessions over the course of the four-day Summit
- Engage with AGRF’s nine existing thematic platforms (1 platform has yet to be initiated) during the course of the year and work with their Co-Chairs and members to draw out priority sessions, knowledge products, speakers, and participants that should be incorporated into the Summit
- Identify, manage and build out the existing database of speakers and moderators that will take part in the AGRF Summit
- Lead on invitations and confirmations with all speakers at the Summit in alignment with agreements of the AGRF Secretariat
- Work with session leads and resource persons identified for all 40-50 sessions of the Summit to ensure a quality session brief is prepared and posted online by end of July, and a briefing session is held for speakers during the month of August or first week of September
- Manage the flow of the Program during the AGRF Summit ensuring sessions start and end on time and with good facilitation and results
- Provide qualified and bilingual rapporteurs to coordinate documentation of sessions and provide session notes for each session at the end of the Forum that can be posted online (in English for all sessions and in French, as well, for the plenaries)
- Ensure thank you notes are sent to all speakers in the course of September in alignment with agreements of the AGRF Secretariat
- Prepare a final forum report by end of September that captures the highlights of the program throughout the week
The consultancy will be expected to deliver, the following outputs:
- A high quality program structure incorporating 40-50 sessions and approximately 400 speakers by end of June, 2020
- A high quality speaker management database that tracks and ensures all speakers are invited, then confirmed, then receive their briefs, and ultimately receive thank you notes
- Session briefs for 40-50 sessions that are posted in an online database for access by all speakers by end of July, 2020
- Rapporteur notes from all 40-5o sessions by end of September, 2020
- A final forum report by end of September, 2020
- Proposal Submission
Interested and qualified consultants are invited to submit their proposal(s) comprising of the following:
- Company profile and accreditations
- An understanding of the consultancy requirements;
- Methodology and work-plan for performing the assignment and project delivery plan;
- Team composition and tasks assignment, including staff that will engage the Secretariat and stakeholders throughout the year and the approach to incorporating temporary staff for delivery during the summit week;
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments;
- Relevant services undertaken in the past three (3) years.
- CVs of Key Personnel
FINANCIAL PROPOSAL must be provided in the prescribed format, RFP ANNEX B, supported with a breakdown analysis and will provide the following information, but is not limited to:
- Professional fees chargeable
- Breakdown of the fees and disbursements
- Must be submitted using the format provided, RFP Annex B: Financial Proposal
- Price must be quoted in US Dollars (USD)
- All applicable taxes (VAT and withholding taxes) shall be included. If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, AGRA shall assume that these are inclusive;
- Financial proposal shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure.
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected.
- Evaluation Criteria
- Experience in similar assignments and Organizational capacity – 20%
- Proposed methodology and work plan for carrying out the assignment – 45%
- Key personnel -35%
The consultant shall present a team leader and at least three additional key personnel that will carry out the assignment. The team should demonstrate the following:
- Have relevant qualification and demonstrate experience in carrying out similar assignments.
- Demonstrate ability to work in English and in French.
- Ability to engage in technical content with the AGRF Secretariat and thematic platforms.
- Ability to manage complex speaker invitations, follow up, briefings, and thank you notes.
- Presence in Nairobi and/or Kigali to work in person with the AGRF Secretariat throughout the year as needed in addition to routine calls.
- Ability to manage sessions to time during the forum and capture notes and session summaries with rapporteurs.